Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had To Order Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default Had To Order Again

Back on November 17th, I ordered a mineral gray Mustang GT deluxe with IUP ahd Shaker 500. The dealer kept trying to get it serialized but can not because of allocation reasons. They are a small dealer and they are allocated one Mustang GT per year. They already had that one back in November but was still trying to get mine through the system. He called me yesterday and said that there is no guarantee that it will be built this year. He is a good friend of mine and was trying to see what he could do for me and we knew about it going into the order process. He was going to give it to me for $150 over invoice with no strings attached.

I called a few dealer today and they were no accepting any more orders because they are out of allcation for the year. The last dealer I talked to said they wouold be happy to order one for me. I told him the story that I was going through and they agreed to place an order for me for $500 over invoice. I know this was not the original deal, but this is a larger dealership and they usually up the price on their kids if they can. This dealer was real nice about the whole situation and said it would probably be 10-12 weeks. There are no Mustang GTs on dealer lots in this area and not one on the Internet with my options.

With all being said and done, I am going to have to pay $925 more than I originally had planned. It could have been much worse like $1000-$5000 over sticker. Thanks to this dealer, I do see light at the end of the tunnel now.

One last note: While I was there, they just brought in a loaded Windveil Blue GT on the truck. It was ordered for the owners daughter and had the stock wheels. They ordered it on January 7th and delivered today.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Had To Order Again

05GrayGT I feel I feel your pain a great deal. What your going through is highly unfair and it sucks! I have a status on my car of "Firm Shced" and was told by Professor Wizard that it means that I am serialized and the car is scheduled for production. Because my wait has been so long, I came accros a Performance White 05 GT with all my specifications. I had to sleep over it for one day because I really wanted the Mineral Grey. To my surprise, when I called that other dealer the car had been sold.

So I am force to wait again......

Hope this new dealer can get you this car fast!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Martin123.... did you call your dealer to find out whats up? Firm/Scheduled should mean your car is going to be real. Unless your dealer promised it to someone else!

I talked ot the dealer by my house this afternoon. They got a uncommitted V6 Convertable in this morning... it was sold while it was still on the truck. The first person that saw it on the truck - followed the truck into the parking lot and grabbed a salesman.

The dealerships have to be LOVING that.

However... he is seriously stuck with a BUNCH of 04'... marking many of them down 9k off.. now that has to HURT!

-PW
Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
rxdork

Good luck on your recent order. Hopefully they good care of u and get your car in soon.
Hang in there guys! I ordered mine 11/09 and got a VIN about 5 weeks ago. Called Ford's
800 number to check the status about 3 weeks ago and they said it still had no build date.
Last night my dealer called me out of the blue to say it was in and I just picked it up today
about 3 hours ago. It was worth the wait. I already have 47 miles on it.
Best of Luck to you guys out there waiting and I'll post some pics if I can do it right
p.s.- it's raining here and will be throughout the weekend

[IMG]local://upfiles/13465/D8EA8489655F48C0A800CB99458FC4C0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Now that is sweet, great color. What options did you get?