Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequencing tailights...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sequencing tailights...

actualy everyone that has seen my lights like the brake feature
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

I was dubious about the brake feature till I actually saw it. Its cool as hell. So far the best thing I added to the car was the webelectronic kit.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:56 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ordered mine, can't wait to see it.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

Is the break feature legal?
If someone runs into you and says "I didn't know he was breaking, cause his lights were flashing and I'm somewhat stupid...."
What would happen then?

Would it even pass inspection?
(Not that we have to inspect cars here in Madison, but anyway... )
Old 03-31-2005, 01:23 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Get real people....there are three lights on each side. They come on one at at time over a complete period of maybe 1 second. At that point, all three ( on each side ) are on full time until you take your foot off the brake. Plus the 3rd brake light is on ( remember...there is another brake light in the middle of the trunk ). I seriously doubt that someone is going to confuse what is happening for a turn indicator. Hell, if that is the case, then I guess I should also be concerned with people not seeing the brake, tail, or blinker lights because they are red like the color of my car. Geesh....... Maybe we should also be concerned for anyone that sneezes while they are driving because when they sneezed they blinked their eyes, and in that second that they blinked, the person in front of them applied the brake. They did not recognize the difference between the tail lights that were on prior to their blink and the brake lights that were on after the reopened their eyes.......

As for passing inspection, I used to be state inspection certified when I worked in the automotive field. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing that says you cannot have sequencing brake lights. It is not like they are flashing constantly. They sequence ONE TIME and then stay on.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

I'm real... At least my wife calls me a real a$$hole sometimes...

Anyway, I'm just asking since I once failed inspection for coloring yellow signals red...
Also I don't wanna get hit by a drunk farmer from the 'dairyland' and then pick up the tab, cause I moded my car.

I do understand what happens when applying the brake and I wouldn't mistake it for something else either, but since the day I came to the US I've learned that your case has to be watertight or you're screwed.

Thanks for the info though, inspector, sir.

Btw, isn't it scary that you don't have to inspect your car here?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Get real people....there are three lights on each side. They come on one at at time over a complete period of maybe 1 second. At that point, all three ( on each side ) are on full time until you take your foot off the brake. Plus the 3rd brake light is on ( remember...there is another brake light in the middle of the trunk ). I seriously doubt that someone is going to confuse what is happening for a turn indicator. Hell, if that is the case, then I guess I should also be concerned with people not seeing the brake, tail, or blinker lights because they are red like the color of my car. Geesh....... Maybe we should also be concerned for anyone that sneezes while they are driving because when they sneezed they blinked their eyes, and in that second that they blinked, the person in front of them applied the brake. They did not recognize the difference between the tail lights that were on prior to their blink and the brake lights that were on after the reopened their eyes.......

As for passing inspection, I used to be state inspection certified when I worked in the automotive field. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing that says you cannot have sequencing brake lights. It is not like they are flashing constantly. They sequence ONE TIME and then stay on.
well said
Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: td1320
Something else that is cool with the webelectric set up is that when you hit the break the lights sequence then stay on. they will sequence everytime you hit the break. If you don't like this they have a supplied kit to delete this function.
Uh....didn't I just say that in the post right above yours?

hawgman Date 3/30/2005 5:12:59 PM
They sequence one time ( from inside to outside ) when you put on the brake. They sequence continously to whatever side you have the turn signal on, or both sides if you have your emergency flashers on.

[sm=wakeup.gif]
I didn't miss it on purpose. I didn't mean to try to steal your thunder. I just missed that word brake at the end of your first sentence. I will refrain from posting until i've learned my lesson.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

So, I'm hearing all kinds of reasons that I shouldn't mind my break lights sequencing just like my turn signal...

Does anyone know how (or if it is even possible) to hook these up so that it only sequences when the turn signal is applied?

Old 03-31-2005, 04:28 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

So, I'm hearing all kinds of reasons that I shouldn't mind my break lights sequencing just like my turn signal...

Does anyone know how (or if it is even possible) to hook these up so that it only sequences when the turn signal is applied?

Read my post above where I got slammed for saying what had already been said. The last sentence is what your looking for.

Quick Reply: Sequencing tailights...