Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequencing tailights...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:36 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sequencing tailights...

td1320... U R the MAN!!!

Sorry I missed that sentence the first time I read it...

Thanks for taking the time to actually answer my question (twice) instead of just telling me I'm stupid for being concerned...
Old 03-31-2005, 06:37 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: td1320

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

So, I'm hearing all kinds of reasons that I shouldn't mind my break lights sequencing just like my turn signal...

Does anyone know how (or if it is even possible) to hook these up so that it only sequences when the turn signal is applied?

Read my post above where I got slammed for saying what had already been said. The last sentence is what your looking for.

I say just cut the blue wire..NO..the red wire..No uhhhhhhhhhh hell I dont know
Old 03-31-2005, 09:25 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is some info on brake sequencing

Q: I don't want my brake lights to sequence. Is this possible?

A: Yes. With all Webelectric Products Sequential Turn Signal kits, you have two choices -- sequence turn signals only (no brake light sequencing) or sequence brake lights and turns signals. The control wire that comes out of the module is used to tell the module when to sequence. If you run the control wire to the turn signal indicator (under the dash) the brake lights will not sequence. This is similar to the original Cougar sequential turn signals, and is less likely to attract the attention of the local Constabulary.

However, if you want the brake lights to sequence (once per brake pedal press) then you leave the control wire connected to the power wire (this is explained in detail in the STS instructions).

As an example, let's say you come to a stop sign and apply the brakes. The lights on both sides of the car sequence one time when you apply the brakes, and stay on. When you lift the brake pedal, they go off, and if you apply the brakes again, they sequence one time again and stay on.

If, for example, when you are approaching the stop sign, you put on your left turn signal, the left side of the car sequences. When you apply the brakes, the right side will sequence one time and stay on, while the left side continues to sequence.

In either case, the hazard lamps will sequence on both sides of the car, every time the flasher clicks.

In addition, for those who want total control, you can add a switch to select the mode of the modules. With a simple two position switch (available at Radio Shack or other electronics parts dealer) you can select whether or not the brake lights sequence.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Read my post above where I got slammed for saying what had already been said. The last sentence is what your looking for.
No, if I were slamming you I would have said something like pull your head out of your *** and read before you post because you are repeating nearly word for word what was posted right above you.

I did not do that....
Old 04-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I was also worried about the sequencing brake lights not meeting inspection or causing confusion to the clueless we all find behind us, but check out this video:

http://www.mymustangpage.com/downloads/seqtl.wmv

It shows the turn signals, brake lights and hazards. The sequence flashes so quickly for the brake lights that I doubt it would be an issue. This video is now listed in the eBay auctions for this kit.

I have to admit, this is one awesome mod! I had a '69 Cougar Eliminator and always loved the sequential turn signals. It's definitely a feature that commands attention.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:03 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

No, if I were slamming you I would have said something like pull your head out of your *** and read before you post because you are repeating nearly word for word what was posted right above you.

I did not do that....
Dood, i'm over this but since it went back up to the top I saw where you replied back. I read both our post's and found out I was typing mine while you were hitting the post on yours. Look at the time both of ours were posted. 16 seconds apart. Anyway I thought it was interesting to note.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Oops, sorry about the bump TD. I was using the search engine to find info on the sequencing taillights and didn't notice how hold the last post was. Sorry for reopening old wounds
Old 04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I did not do that....
Dood, i'm over this but since it went back up to the top I saw where you replied back. I read both our post's and found out I was typing mine while you were hitting the post on yours. Look at the time both of ours were posted. 16 seconds apart. Anyway I thought it was interesting to note.

You mean kind of like how you are replying to something today that I said a month ago??

I hear ya. I am over it too. Honestly, was probably over it before the screen refreshed from the actual post. Had forgotten the thread even existed until it popped back up today.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I just ordered the kit fo $50.00 other sites were selling it for $150.00 to $200.00. Not sure what is involved in installing it I assume it can not be that difficult.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:17 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ajmstang

I just ordered the kit fo $50.00 other sites were selling it for $150.00 to $200.00. Not sure what is involved in installing it I assume it can not be that difficult.
If you have any problems let me know. The only problem I ran into was not pushing the extra wire added to the inside lights in far enough for them to make connection. I didn't want to break anything. They work great and you will enjoy them.

Quick Reply: Sequencing tailights...