Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARRANTY QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: WARRANTY QUESTION

Yes but I'd suggest you find out who does the tunes. Most people that get that combo would probably recommend going directly to Brenspeed for their great customer service. They might even match that price. Brenspeed's site has a number of combo's, some cheaper, and they all are equivalent in performance. You can call them and chat with a technical advisor and they can answer your questions and help you understand what you're getting.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

You could go with Ford Racing's tune and CAI. I little more coin and from what I hear, maybe 5 HP less but it won't void the warranty. If I were getting one, that is how I would do it.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

so is this pretty much what i need? http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005v6...ator2-kit.html
No, below is what you need as for the same price you also get a GT takeoff axle back and open up that restrictive exhaust. VMP knows stangs so you can go for a pretty CAI, OR, save some $$$ and get the 3-pack for the same price as just cai/tune elsewhere. Every sixer out there should do these simple mods. GT guys should also add him to their considered list as he saved me $$$ and i like saving $$$

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...&parent=92

Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

gnagster, thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Reinforcements
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

if anything goes wrong you need to get back to stock before most dealers will touch it!
Obviously, if you add a mod and that part breaks the dealer can say the part caused the damage. There are "laws" that say they have to prove the mod caused the problem but that won't speed things up any.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what exactly is the law on that. I need to know so i can convince my parents to let me mod.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Reinforcements

if anything goes wrong you need to get back to stock before most dealers will touch it!
Obviously, if you add a mod and that part breaks the dealer can say the part caused the damage. There are "laws" that say they have to prove the mod caused the problem but that won't speed things up any.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what exactly is the law on that. I need to know so i can convince my parents to let me mod.

There are things that we all do in our lives that are called "best practice"

We don't walk through tough neigborhoods with $100 bills hanging out of our pockets

We don't hit on a girl when she is with her guy etc etc

We also should avoid any potential conflict by returning to stock tune and airbox when bringing the vehicle to the dealer for any service be it warranty or scheduled maintenance.

Parents invloved with your car be it that it's their car, or they paid for it or helped pay for it or insurance??? Thank them, be appreciative and forget it; stick with appearance mods. The alternative is buy the car with your own cash and mod away.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

my parents are weary as well..that and thye don't want me to kill myself hahaha.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

i don't know what that is but i'll look into it.

i'm mainly looking for something inexpensive to add to it right now, as i'm practically broke.
it's an 08 v6 5 speed auto.
If that's the case, why worry about modding at the moment? Enjoy your new car and save up.

CAI + Tuner is going to run at least $450.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

v6 auto....OK, at least you have a stang. But, please don't look for a ton of performance as it is an auto with the 6. If you have $75, look for a GT takeoff axle back. You can try Ebay or any of the sponsor sites or other 3rd party places. That 30 minute job should get you about 7-10 more WHP, better mpg and a little better sound. Since you are cash strapped; don't overanalyze and spend hours watching youtube exhaust clips drooling over the $300 systems you can't afford. Just spend the $50-$75, slap on that GT takeoff and enjoy immediate gains on the cheap.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Reinforcements
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

ORIGINAL: Reinforcements

There are things that we all do in our lives that are called "best practice"

We don't walk through tough neigborhoods with $100 bills hanging out of our pockets

We don't hit on a girl when she is with her guy etc etc

We also should avoid any potential conflict by returning to stock tune and airbox when bringing the vehicle to the dealer for any service be it warranty or scheduled maintenance.

Parents invloved with your car be it that it's their car, or they paid for it or helped pay for it or insurance??? Thank them, be appreciative and forget it; stick with appearance mods. The alternative is buy the car with your own cash and mod away.
my parents paid for half, and i paid for half. i am very appreciative. my dad is ok with me modding, he modded his mustang when he was my age, he just doesn't want me to screw my warranty.