Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATED - Bama Tune Info Request

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bama Tune Info Request

ORIGINAL: howarmat

He might be around, actually since he has moved operation into his home for now he will be there to pick up perhaps. It doesnt hurt to call him.....pm me if you need his number.

As for the tune I have never had any problems but I know the people that have had problems usually get them worked out very fast.

Also so we may try and help, what are your mods and did you pull the codes to see what they were?
Hey Matt - sorry - forgot I don't have my (limited) mods in my sig anymore. It's just a C&L CAI. As far as pulling the code, I should have, but was trying to get home and as soon as the Brenspeed tune got her going again, I got on the road. I'm getting ready to head out for an 8 mile run (yea!...I guess) and will try to give him a call as soon as I'm finished.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Why did you feel the need to switch tunes, weren't you happy with the Brenspeed tune?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I've had about 4 bama tunes, never any problems... Hope this is just bad luck and glad your car seems fine.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:06 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

Why did you feel the need to switch tunes, weren't you happy with the Brenspeed tune?
I think that certain cars respond better to the Brenspeed tunes, while others respond better to Bama, and others maybe to something different. The forum has quite a few stories of "I had company X's tune, and bought one from company Y and, wow...". I just wanted to see what a tune from another company felt like compared to the Brenspeed tune. Who knows, after all of this is straightened out, I may wind up sticking with the Brenspeed. The point for me is that if I don't try each one - I won't know.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

I originally had Brenspeed and tried tunes from a couple of vendors tunes just to see the difference. I always went back to Brenspeed which gives the best performance for my car. Plus the customer service is top notch, my last email got answered in less than a couple of hours, no guessing games with these guys.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
GW6
1st Gear Member

I have no idea here but I wonder if it matters that Bama offers the Xcal3 vs Brenspeed with the Xcal2 in their packages. Probably nothing but I'm unsure what would happen if you uploaded an Xcal3 tune using an Xcal2 device if that may be the case.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

no it means nothing
Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE!

Just in case anyone was still curious, I finally got in touch with someone at Bama and the issue is that they set my tune up for a C&L RACE intake (95mm), but mine is theC&L STREET intake (85mm).

As soon as they looked up my information, I was asked if I had received a phone call to verify which intake I had. I said "no". Upon informing them that I have the street, and not the race, they updated and resent my tune.

Note: I'm at work, and have not actually TRIED the new tune yet, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that this one will work because they acted like this was a common issue.

I'll probably update this again once I've tried to new tune, just to add one more opinion to the often debated Brenspeed vs. Bama question.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATED - Bama Tune Info Request

My question? Why the sudden drop in oil pressure? Even in limp mode, or check engine light coming on, should not have a sudden drop in oil pressure. Yes, it will drop a bit. I don't think any of these tunes change oil pressure adjustments. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATED - Bama Tune Info Request

Well, I probably just happened to notice the drop in oil pressure before I noitced the check engine light and the car dying. It could have all been occuring at the same time, and it was just the order in which I witnessed things. I dunno. But it sure seemed like the oil pressure dropped before I officially felt the car "die".