Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros and cons, buying GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
derekdatank
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pros and cons, buying GT

the only con i can think of is thier are to many of them out on the roads but a couple of mods will change that
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
cobra2411

" Cons: not a good car in the snow."

Snow tires....

My 93 Cobra was my daily driver for 5 years. I drove it in a couple blizzards with no problems. Snow tires make all the difference.

I just got my 05 GT tonight so I can't really comment, but I love my 93. They're over built. I have almost 160k on it and other then the heater core (twice) the only other problem I had was the alternator at a little past 100k

The back seats are not that big, so it may not be a good car if you need to frequently have people in the back, but it's doable. When I got my Cobra I showed it to my cousin and he wanted to drive. He's let me drive his 396 Impala convertible so I let him. His friend wanted to ride shotgun and somehow I ended up in the back seat... WTF, it's my car, I've had it 1 day and I'm in the back seat?? [:@] I'm 6'2" 250, built like a football player.

Gas mileage? My truck gets 12 so 16-17 around town is an improvement.

Fun? No question.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

mine is my dd
Idrive 500 miles a week
I get 20ish mpg
I am also the overtaker not overtakee

I bought winter tires

Ismoked my buddies 4wd s10 in the snow Haha

I look forward to my drive to work and back home
Old 02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
mikeei

Pro's: The Pro's make you forget the con's. Mines a daily driver in New England, I put snows on the stock wheels and ease into the throttle on snowy days, it fine. I got good snows and its amore comfortableride than my summer tires. The seats are very comfortable for long rides. Car handles great for the street right off the dealer's lot and just the right amount of engine and exhaust noise. Its not as quite as my 04 Camry but IDO NOT MISS IT AT ALL You can easily havephone conversation cruzen at 75. Lots of room for thee, I'm 6' and don't like having someone behind me since it can be cramped. On the other hand I can fit 2 - 13 year old hockey players and their 2 over sized equipment bags in the car (I love the fold down rear seats). If you don't like something there are many options to change it. Bang for the buck is great, the only thing close for the money is the Mazda speed 3 and thats not as comfortable and more noisy (not to mention that its a 5 door hatchback!). Classic styling.Happiness every time you start it or hit the gas.

Con's: The center console and center instrument panel are hard plastic and cheap looking (a few carbon fiber and aluminum accents are going to fix that).The Shaker system is good not great unless all you care about is thundering base (turn it off and hit the gas). The mysterious water leaks (see the many threads here on them). Some what limited back seat space (my wife has a minivan for hauling people).

But like I said hit the gas and forgettably!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Cons: Having one and living in Western PA
It's not a shelby, but normal people can afford the mark up on those (Friggin Ford Dealer Crooks)

Pros: It's a perfect version of a classic muslce/pony car.