Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone like this idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone like this idea?

might be interesting with the 03-04 cobra style hood, which is available. still not cool with posing, but it's your car.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i'm not against the idea, but the shelby gt500's use the same cobra as the older svt cobras.

bottom line, do what you want cuz it ultimately is your car and if that's the way that you want to personalize your car, then gopher it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
digitalmixx187
1st Gear Member

In the end it is your car and no one else's, but the way i look at is, if someone has a V6 stang and puts all the gt badges on it, it is still just a V6 with fake badges on it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:44 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I think its a cool idea and I agree its your car so do what turns you on. As a matter of fact, I have a grill badge sitting in my drawer and I am going to slap it on as soon as I get the car back on Saturday. It will have about 450 rwhp so I think it can proudly wear the badge. It should go well with my Autobot fender badges. There are more things to worry about in this world than what some guys who dont share your philosophy on badging.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Dude, you paid for the car, do what you want. All the people who are "poser" this "poser" that, whatever. It's your car, do what makes YOU happy. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but not because I don't want to be called a "poser", it's just not my thing.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

The worst feeling is gonna be when you have this good lookin car you put alot of time and money into, the first time someone asks you either, "is that a Cobra!", or "is that a GT500!". The look on their face after you tell them no, that will shoot straight through you. may not seem like it now, but seriously....

Why don't you make your own badge? Make it something cool and unique, just like your car will be?

- C
Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the gt500 is a cobra, its got a different name but it still the same thing....i hear people call them gt500 cobras all the time....you are doing the same as any other person who is putting a snake badge on their car, posing. Not saying its right or wrong, i wouldnt do it but that is me. But I am not sure how you think your idea is any different than that of anyone else who is putting a cobra badge on theirs.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

So putting a "cobra" emblem on the car is posing, but doing a Shelby Front end conversion, or a shelby spoiler isn't? Is there a rule book you guys have come up with to determine what is "poser" and what isn't?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

its generally the emblem that is what does it yes....that is the general "rule"
Old 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

A badge is a sign of identification not a mod. Having a badge that represents a car made by a specific group and not being apart of that group is posing(its like a guy dressed as a police officer but no badge). You’re almost better off putting the big spoiler on the back, cause at least it isn’t putting badges on a car that’s not a cobra. Now you guys may say "its his car he can do what he wants" your right but LOL anyone can say anything about it and some people are going to hate that.

You should take redgts opinion, make your own car, shoot design your own badge or whatever at least it’ll be yours. If you put the cobra on so be it. I really don’t care but its just asking for trouble from other people.

Quick Reply: Anyone like this idea?