Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone like this idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone like this idea?

I understand what the OP means. I think making your own "Cobra" would be cool.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:31 PM
MustangJim21
1st Gear Member

A badge is a sign of identification not a mod. Having a badge that represents a car made by a specific group and not being apart of that group is posing(its like a guy dressed as a police officer but no badge). You’re almost better off putting the big spoiler on the back, cause at least it isn’t putting badges on a car that’s not a cobra. Now you guys may say "its his car he can do what he wants" your right but LOL anyone can say anything about it and some people are going to hate that.

You should take redgts opinion, make your own car, shoot design your own badge or whatever at least it’ll be yours. If you put the cobra on so be it. I really don’t care but its just asking for trouble from other people.
That is the gayest excuse I have ever heard to try and justify what your opinion of what is "posing" and what isn't "posing".

Would all you who claim there is a "general rule" that defines posing; would you say throwing Shelby wheels on your car posing? What about the Shelby hood, would that be considered posing?

Actually, adding the Cobra badge would be a mod; it would be an APPEARANCE mod.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:49 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

Were you up all night thinking this idea up? I don’t think most people would be able to tell the difference between the SVT "cobra" snake emblem and the Shelby snake, they'll see a snake and think GT500, so I'd pass on that idea if it were me, but to each his own.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Its all posing but if thats what you like you go for it!
I believe the official name of the GT500 is the Ford Shelby GT500 Cobra Mustang actually.
Hey it has Cobra badges on it too, who would have thought?

If you dress up standard 1966 Mustangwith GT350trim and Cobra badges - its still a regular Mustang with Cobra badges on it. Even if it had 600 horsepower it still is a Mustang wearing the badges of another special edition.
It is not a crime or anything - you are just posing as something you are not.
If that is what you want to do with your car then do so. Many people will poke fun at you (on and off the web) but if you are unable to own a real Cobra then you may not care and totally enjoy the GT tarted up as such.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM
TerpsandStangs
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangJim21

A badge is a sign of identification not a mod. Having a badge that represents a car made by a specific group and not being apart of that group is posing(its like a guy dressed as a police officer but no badge). You’re almost better off putting the big spoiler on the back, cause at least it isn’t putting badges on a car that’s not a cobra. Now you guys may say "its his car he can do what he wants" your right but LOL anyone can say anything about it and some people are going to hate that.

You should take redgts opinion, make your own car, shoot design your own badge or whatever at least it’ll be yours. If you put the cobra on so be it. I really don’t care but its just asking for trouble from other people.
That is the gayest excuse I have ever heard to try and justify what your opinion of what is "posing" and what isn't "posing".

Would all you who claim there is a "general rule" that defines posing; would you say throwing Shelby wheels on your car posing? What about the Shelby hood, would that be considered posing?

Actually yes, I would have to agree...that sounds about right. The badge is what does it for me...just my opinion though.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangJim21

The cobra badge is more than an appearance mod, it’s saying the car is a cobra. What do you not understand about that? That’s why it’s called a badge! I’m partial to certain pieces of the car, personally I wouldn’t by anything that’s a total clone, even with no badges..
Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

I put this emblem on the deck lid.I had words with some guy calling me a pozer.I said make your point or shut the ***** up. I like to give them an option.I just rather rumble than sit and listen to the big baby cry like a b!tch.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49197/87F503F6B5EF4686BFA115A7596E147B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I saw this one time and i thought it summed this type of discussion up quite well:

I don't think people should label a car as something it's not (GT badges, Shelby badges, Cobra badges, etc.)

I think it's kind of equivalent to someone in the military wearing medals they aren't entitled to because it looks better.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I saw this one time and i thought it summed this type of discussion up quite well:

I don't think people should label a car as something it's not (GT badges, Shelby badges, Cobra badges, etc.)

I think it's kind of equivalent to someone in the military wearing medals they aren't entitled to because it looks better.
+1

That military comment was almost exacly what i was gonna say but i couldent think of a better comparison than a FBI agent lol so i didnt go with it.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

You know,...(about to offend some people)..... one could say that anyone who has a car that looks or sounds like it can do more than it really can is a poser.

Body kits, outrageous spoilers, ferociously loud exhaust that sounds like you're at WOT when you're only going 35mph, .....etc.

Personally, I think a car should look and sound like what it actually can do, or either be a sleeper. The opposite of this is total RICE.

Earlier I said it was a cool idea to build your own "Cobra". I'm thinking now that this would not be a great idea at this time when there actually is a car that wears cobra badging. If there were no GT500 Cobra, I'd say it would be well accepted as sort of a tribute car. If someone builds a Roush out of a GT, does that make it not a Roush?

If you're badging up, you're a loser in my book. Your car is what it is.

That's one reason I took the offroad H-pipe off my car. The car was really loud, but I was barely giving it any gas. I didn't want my car sounding like it was giving it everything it had to just go 35mph.

Quick Reply: Anyone like this idea?