Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger choice.....HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger choice.....HELP

True, true, it just escaped my mind, thank you for catching that. It's a new-ish, kit, and not very popular, at that, with the JDM and Brenspeed stuff producing more power for less $$.. But yes, if the warranty is that important, then the Saleen 475 kit is an option..

Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

It's weird because my dealer told me that Saleen SC voids the whole powertrain warranty and I even talked to the general manager at galpin auto sports. He told me there's no SC that will not affect the warranty in one way or another no matter whether it's made by Ford or somebody else. quote: "Ford Racing and Saleen are 2 companies that are only there to make parts for Ford, but are not directly affiliated with them and therefore are considered aftermarket which means both of them can affect your warranty in a negative way". I guess it depends on your dealership and your relationship with the service or general manager in some cases.
p.s. the actual s281's are a different story because those are considered Saleens, not Ford Mustang GT's
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 AM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

It's weird because my dealer told me that Saleen SC voids the whole powertrain warranty
It does, and then Saleen gives you a warranty for whatever remains on your 3/36. Roush is the same deal. Really, this is no different then if you bought one of their cars - the Ford powertrain warranty is totally void and replaced by Saleen/Roush, even on the ones without a SC.

I guess it depends on your dealership and your relationship with the service or general manager in some cases.
If you tried to get warranty work at a non-Saleen dealer, then it would probably depend on your relationship with them. My dealer's not a Saleen dealer, but they have no problem doing work and sending the bill to Saleen. They don't even mention that anything's different, they just handle it. An actual Saleen dealer would be under the same obligation to work on it that a Ford dealer is for any Ford. Of course, there are Ford dealers that give people the run around even when their car is 100% stock, and I'm sure there are Saleen/Roush dealers that are complete jerks too, so just having a warranty doesn't mean life will be perfect and happy.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
nofear
1st Gear Member

I know certain superchargers companys will only waranty them if they were installed using one of their shops. I think this applys to roush and saleen to.
I personally like the saleen to for its expandability and style (matters litle)
the kb is prob the best one out there for potential and out right meanness
i think the roush looks like **** and is over priced all that for 5500 and the numbers are that weak? ill pass
go for a wipple or twin skrew i think the centri's sound annoying , its like a turbo thats falling apart
Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

whipple FTW
Old 03-22-2008, 08:00 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Roush has a nice whine.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:05 PM
mikerdrocker
1st Gear Member

I have a Procharger and on pump gas I am running almost 600hp no other mods
Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 AM
BADH0RSE
1st Gear Member

A supercharger is the biggest bang for the buck that you can get for a power adder. If your gonna do it, do it right. Do your homework and don't let just price dictate your decision. A roush SC is a roots type compressor. A twin screw compressor is better in producing more efficient boost and generates less heat. The Saleen, Kenne Bell and Whipple are the best twin screw SC. I went with the Whipple HO SC (500 HP @ the flywheel). I like it because it has a factory quality look (Has Ford Racing Logos) over the others. Again, do your research!

Good Luck,
BADH0RSE
Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikerdrocker

I have a Procharger and on pump gas I am running almost 600hp no other mods
Gotta add to the love for ProCharger. I got a ProCharger because they are only 15 min from me (buy locally mentality), and I became a distributor at the same time as well. They are are a great buy, reliable, and can provide a buttload of power. I have an automatic, and the car was dynoed on ProChargers Mustang dyno on a 95 degree day. The hp number defiently isnt low. The torque is though, mainly due to the automatic. Plenty of Procharged Mustangs with manuals are over 400 ft-lbs of torque at 10psi. So there isnt as much of a difference between the twin screws and centris as it would seem by reading the posts in the forum. To me, two things stand out in favor of TS S/C's. Packaging and a slightly better response in lower rpms.
Those advantages somehow seem to disappear everytime I hit the gas pedal though.[sm=wootwoot.gif]