Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMR vs. Livernois

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:05 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MMR vs. Livernois

I'm wanting to push about 550rwhp with the Whipple. I know I have to upgrade fuel injectors, throttle body, pulley swap, and tune, but it's gonna be nice defidently to have that power in a DD. How long approxiamately should it take to install the block with the stock heads and Whipple back into the car? (Trying to guess the install cost based on hours of labor...)
Old 04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

I was told the weight difference for aluminum and iron is closer to 60 or 70#'s. I had to move both around, and there is a LARGE difference for sure. I don't think the issue for iron v aluminum is strength, because you will probably never break either one. It's basically $700 to save 70#'s. To some people that's worth it. i wish I had spent the extra from the stroker on that, because 70#'s on the front of the car is a lot of weight (add a turbo and tubing to that too! Yikes!). As far as buying stroker kit vs. shortblock - you'll save a little money (maybe $1000 for the cost of the block), but you'll also have additional labor to disassemble and clean everything, and have the downtime. You might even be able to sell your stock shortblock for a couple hundred bucks and come out even
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: Androdz2

ORIGINAL: HaneyMotorsport.Com

The aluminum blocks are good for 900+ hp. Depending on what internals/options you go with, the internals will handle more power than the block itself. There are a few oiling "tricks" that need to be done for High hp / rpm to live long!

When shopping for a short block or rotating assembly, make sure you read over the included products carefully. We believe that if you are planning to invest in a quality product, why skimp on certain things to save a few bucks! For example, everyone of our Mod short blocks receives ARP main studs. Why risk using the factory TTY main bolts

Casey
Most build shortblocks already come with ARP hardware. BTW what oil tricks are you referring to?

You are correct Most, but not all are standard.....pay for upgrade. As they say, teaser rate to get you in the door.

Oil reworking mods....
Old 04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

I'm looking at MMR's Aluminator Shortblock assembly...taking the aluminum block upgrade. Anything else needed to go with the block? Like oil pump or anything? Plus...for the goal of 550rwhp DD, but I'd like to have more potential than just the 550rwhp that I want, but for right now that is the goal. Anybody have another opinion on a pre-assembled block? I'm open to suggestions