Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my windshield replaced

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got my windshield replaced

ORIGINAL: Riptide

You mean save my insurance company quite a chunk of change.

For as much as it cost that windshield should have been *perfect*.
You pay for it in the long run...my deductible is so high I paid the $265 out of pocket for mine.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

My deductible was $50 on this. My rates won't be affected.

The dealership got back to me. The jackass glass supplier tried to blame it on my wiper blade saying something must've got in between it and the glass. I told the dealership the truth that I didn't use the wipers and the car hasn't been driven in the rain since they put that windshield in. They believe me but there isn't much they can do since that a-hole insists it's not his fault.

The dealership is going to eat the cost of another windshield and I told them to go ahead and replace the blades just to cover both our asses. I have no complaints about the dealer's service but I think they should reconsider who they have doing their glasswork if issues like this keep coming up for them and their customers.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:15 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riptide

I took it in to the dealer this morning and showed them the scratches. They said they are going to have their "glass supplier" come out and look at it. Whether they are going to try and repair the scratches, put an entirely new windshield in, or attempt to blame this on me I don't know yet.

Should hear back sometime this morning. If they attempt to blame this on me I am going to be absolutely furious. Also, if they make repairs and I'm not happy with the results I will insist on a new windshield. If they won't comply with that then I am calling my insurance agent and attempt to get them to stop payment on the windshield.
I had a wiper fall off ( I know sounds stupid) while I was busy with paperwork and it eched right into the glass. My boss had it repaired.. Like I said you'd be amazed what glass shops can repair
Old 05-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The dealer ate the windshield. They put in a brand new one. This one doesn't have any scratches.

Unfortunately, it looks like somebody slipped a tool while they installed the new one and managed to scratch the car. There's a couple 1" scratches, pretty deep, right where the windshield meets up with the top of the car. They run lengthwise at a shallow angle along the edge. Deep enough to require wet sanding to fix.

I'm through with this. I'm not going to say or do anything else but walk away. It's apparent to me that no matter how much money you throw at something any more it's impossible to get the job done right the first time.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
MikeD916
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain. I took my car in for repair that required my rear wheels come off and then later that week when I tried to get the wheels off for an upgrade, I couldn't. They tightened the lugs so hard that not even a breaker bar could get them off. The lugs where all twisted with the shear force they used to put them on. I had to go back to the dealer to have them loosen the lugs and hand tighten them (waited over two extra hours for this). When it was all done they took the 4 extra lugs (extra cuase I was using wheel locks) I had in the trunk and never gave them back and they scratched my old rims making it harder to sell them now.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:58 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

That's been my experience with the dealership too. Fix one thing, screw up another. I went back 3 times last time I was there for an initial visit andthey neverdid satisfy me 100% because every time they fixed what I was complaining about, something else would be wrong, broken, scratched or missing.

Then they bug the CRAP out of me via phone trying to get me to send in a 'perfect' review for their service. FAT CHANCE.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:37 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I love Florida, free windshields !!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 PM
MikeD916
1st Gear Member

Haha, I've been getting the phone calls too. I chose to not leave any feedback since I plan on going back in the future. I think the other dealerships where I live are even worse.