Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ODB2 Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 AM
goharv

Default ODB2 Fuse

My CE light was on and ran down to AutoZone to get the code. They said my ODB2 Fuse was blown and that was causing the light. I have looked through the owners manual and online, but haven't found the ODB2 fuse location. Does anyone have any help on where it is located?

thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 AM
rlh6805
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ODB2 Fuse

ORIGINAL: goharv

My CE light was on and ran down to AutoZone to get the code. They said my ODB2 Fuse was blown and that was causing the light. I have looked through the owners manual and online, but haven't found the ODB2 fuse location. Does anyone have any help on where it is located?

thanks
Not true. The OBDII fuse is only for power at the diagnostic port, it has nothing to do with setting the CEL. More than likely, when they plugged in their diagnostic scan tool, there was no power at the J1962 (diag port) under the dash. Their tool did not power on and the dumb *** parts guy gave you that line of BS. The diag power circuit is usually shared with the power point circuit. Do you have power at your in dash power point (cirgarette lighter)? Doesn't matter anyway because all of the good diag scan tools will allow you to plug into the diag port AND get power from another source (jumpers to the battery terminals). Take your car to a real service shop and have a real tech diagnose your CEL problem.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: ODB2 Fuse

ORIGINAL: rlh6805

ORIGINAL: goharv

thanks
Not true. The OBDII fuse is only for power at the diagnostic port, it has nothing to do with setting the CEL. More than likely, when they plugged in their diagnostic scan tool, there was no power at the J1962 (diag port) under the dash. Their tool did not power on and the dumb *** parts guy gave you that line of BS. The diag power circuit is usually shared with the power point circuit. Do you have power at your in dash power point (cirgarette lighter)? Doesn't matter anyway because all of the good diag scan tools will allow you to plug into the diag port AND get power from another source (jumpers to the battery terminals). Take your car to a real service shop and have a real tech diagnose your CEL problem.
+1
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40
OBDII is powered on its own circuit/fuse