Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viper HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default Viper HELP!!!!!!

Ok so here's the story.. 2 days ago in the morning i tried starting my car.. i noticed it was dead so i jumped it and off i went to work.. so i knew the car wouldn' t start remotely obviously cause it was dead.. so i figured i must have left soemthing on for the battery to die..

nowthat same night it was about 3:15am and im about to drive this girl home and i got to remote start it.. and the starter says its started on the remote but the car isn't BUT the gauge lights and everything inside are lit up like they do when u gfo to remote start it.. so the car knows your hitting the start button.. now i tried to start it manually with my key and for some reason didn't start. (i think it's because i didn't have shoes on and it was late and i was tired and figured my battery was dead for soem reason even tho i know i didn't leave anythig running, so im guessing i didn't push the clutch ALL the way back..) teh next morning i try to remote start it for the hell of it.. same thing happens so i sit in it just for the hell of it.. and i see power (power locks, dome lights etc.) working in the car so i try and start it for the hell of it with the key.. BOOM starts right up no problem.. not even like the battery was slightly discharged.. so not im like.. ok cant be the battery ebcause no one has touched my car since last night and that means the battery was always charged.. thismorning same thing could nto remote start so i started it up and went to work (by the way power locks on the remote and trunk work fine..) i get to work shut the car off and test it now.. remote start WORKS FINE!!.. WTF??!?!?!?!?!

My question is.. what is causing this?? could it be soemthing to do with when my car battery died the other day? Anyone else have this problem before?? Any1 have experience with the viper alarm systems?? By the way its the Viper 5900 Alarm/Remote start system and it was professionally installed.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Viper HELP!!!!!!

bumpageeee
Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Viper HELP!!!!!!

Probably some kind of malfunction with the remote start.... I have a remote start system and sometimes it gets really funky, mainly the alarm. It'll just randomly go off when NOTHING is around it, or do random chirps but weird sounding.... Just the nature of having electronics I guess...