Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stupid city workers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Default RE: stupid city workers

sorry to hear man ppl are a** they should watch what there doing
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Im just glad whatever happened to your car wasnt a permanent thing and more importantly congrats on the new goodies to come on your car. Just keep a close eye on your plugs when squeezing as NO2 really abuses them hard. Our plugs were shot after 4 bottles, but we were also running a 175 shot.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Im just glad whatever happened to your car wasnt a permanent thing and more importantly congrats on the new goodies to come on your car. Just keep a close eye on your plugs when squeezing as NO2 really abuses them hard. Our plugs were shot after 4 bottles, but we were also running a 175 shot.
i will most likely be running a 75 or 100 shot. i already have HT1's in my car. are those ok for that low of a shot or should i upgrade to HT0s???
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

I absolutely refuse to believe that city workers are inconsiderate...

...that's like saying that George Bush is stupid...just not possible!

(Please sense the sarcasm people, please!!!)
Old 07-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

Good thing you don't live in Detroit. You would have to deal with the Kilpatricks.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I think HT0's are safer. We have them in both cars now with the blowers.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

did that today, they asked his truck number...i didnt have that info so it got me no where.i asked her if they could look up who they dispached out to that street around 5:00pm yesterday and i think she was in awe that she was talking to someone with common sense...caught her off guard for a sec and then she said she still needed his truck number

no biggy, i asked her to tell her drivers to be more careful and respectful of other people's property. i actually gained some satisfaction in just making her stutter looking for a comeback to my question
A couple of options: Send a letter to the City Attorney's Office and to the Chief Administrative Officer/Mayor putting them on notice of the damage that resulted, include the location, date, time and any other information you believe to be pertinent. You can at that time include your expenses to repair/clean up the damage and demand payment. You could also send a Freedom of Information Request to the Department of Public Works, to the City Attorney and CAO/Mayor asking for all documents and other information relating to the repair work done on the street in subject area, to include who was assigned to make the street repairs on the date in question. Also, you could file a claim with your insurer and they could in turn subrogate against the City. If you intend to have the City reimburse you, check to see if there arenotice requirements set out by state or local law...you wouldn't want to run up against that...generally such statutory requirements set out a 6 month time-frame. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

My buddy was driving on a road up in NY, and they had some road construction going on. Needless to say couple of rocks made their way towards his car. Cracked his windshied and got a couple of small dents in the hood and bumper. ( obviously the guy in front of him ) but either way. He called the city and got a new windshield, new hood and bumper and free paint job.. heh.. all he told them was the street where it happened, and it was enough because they knew what was going on there. Maybe you can get the same type of luck.. tell them your paint is messed up.. Costs like 3 grand to redo.. then get that blower
Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
cefiro80
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man. Glad the car is ok as well. I think you should be compensated for your time but taking 3 grand from the city I have to strongly disagree with. The 3 grand isnt FREE. We all pay for it. It isnt that I dont want to chip into your fun fund I just think frivolous city spending waste is already out of control. Enough of the soap box glad everything worked out but sucks it took you a couple hours of work.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
GOT OATZ
2nd Gear Member

At least you called.....you could have flipped out on her just for fun
i thought about it but a situation is usually handled better and you can usually walk away with more if all involved partys keep their cool...once someone starts cussing or yelling, the other person jumps on the defensive and it becomes a shouting match and the actual issue at hand hardly ever gets addressed
[/quote]

So true! Sorry it happened and sorry you got no where with them. At least you were able to clean it off.