Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I miss my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:36 AM
dafaic

Default I miss my car

Well I took my car in last Thursday and it's still in the shop! Week before last I took it in for the radio and the gas tank. They put in a new radio and ordered a new gas tank. Got home and relized that the AC didn't work at all as i drove home with the windows down. So took it back twice the next day once in the morning which it was cold outside so i didn't realize till it got hotter outside that it was blowing semi cool air. Well i was 45 miles away from home and it started blowing hot air. Took it back again and the tech didn't plug the controls all the way in which the radio guy didn't plug them in at all. Ok so that got fixed well the radio was installed all funky the top was sticking out and the bottom was tilted in and was not flush. Well the radio guy only works on Thursdays! So I tell them ok I am bringing my car in and I am getting a rental car because there is no way you can fix my car in 1 days time! They say why and I said because: The gas tank has to be replaced; new radio is messing up and needs to be replaced; passenger seat cover is coming off; driver seat cushion is breaking down; I have 2 rattles in the dash and one in the overhead lights; and the front suspension pops when you turn at slow speeds! He said ok we will get you a car when you bring it in. Needless to say I still don't have my car! So far no comments from them on my custom cai and hope they don't notice the rear end has been worked on! Oh and for anybody thats wants to know they are going to replace the spring insulators which they think is making the front end pop.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I miss my car

I think it's time to go to a new mechanic/dealership....I know you probably have a warranty, but you might want to look into seeing if you can take it to another ford dealership's mechanic.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dafaic

Well I took my car in last Thursday and it's still in the shop! Week before last I took it in for the radio and the gas tank. They put in a new radio and ordered a new gas tank. Got home and relized that the AC didn't work at all as i drove home with the windows down. So took it back twice the next day once in the morning which it was cold outside so i didn't realize till it got hotter outside that it was blowing semi cool air. Well i was 45 miles away from home and it started blowing hot air. Took it back again and the tech didn't plug the controls all the way in which the radio guy didn't plug them in at all. Ok so that got fixed well the radio was installed all funky the top was sticking out and the bottom was tilted in and was not flush. Well the radio guy only works on Thursdays! So I tell them ok I am bringing my car in and I am getting a rental car because there is no way you can fix my car in 1 days time! They say why and I said because: The gas tank has to be replaced; new radio is messing up and needs to be replaced; passenger seat cover is coming off; driver seat cushion is breaking down; I have 2 rattles in the dash and one in the overhead lights; and the front suspension pops when you turn at slow speeds! He said ok we will get you a car when you bring it in. Needless to say I still don't have my car! So far no comments from them on my custom cai and hope they don't notice the rear end has been worked on! Oh and for anybody thats wants to know they are going to replace the spring insulators which they think is making the front end pop.

You should be in a Woody Allen movie.

;0
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Already lost faith in my Saleen Dealership and vowed to never take it back to them unless is something that I cannot fix myself or another dealer can't touch because of it being a Saleen part. I live 5 minutes from a regular ford dealer in which i know the GM very well, but 35 minutes from the Saleen dealer. According to my buddy, you can take your Ford vehicle to ANY Ford dealer in the country (or maybe at least USA) for warranty service.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:03 AM
dafaic

Nice Saleen!!!

Well I went to the shop today to face them and find out some more stuff. According to him a new tsb on the suspension just came out and they are going to go ahead and do it also he didn't go into it. He said he already replaced the spring insulators and the strut bushings and they had more parts coming in. He said everything else has been done so i should have my new and improved car back monday sometime!