Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:59 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New Hood

Hey lostsoul, do you visit mustang source forums? There is a guy over there that has a bunch of pictures of his procharger install. Just thought you might want to drool a little while you wait.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

There's this way cool shaker scoop too:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/634.html

It has two things going against it- it's pricey and (for now) it's unavailable. Looks excellent though, a real throwback to the early Mach 1. It is also functional!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:01 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

hey 05_Bullitt... I dont know if you have the june issue of mm&ff but they have a hood like yours but has a slot on the side which looks cool.. its on pg. 33. its the red mustang on the discount tire direct ad... can you guys make one like that? it looks sweet... soory I cant get a pic for ya.. no scanner
They creat a mold for the hood... so they'll only offer one. If you want ONE hood only that's totally to your specs it could cost a pretty penny.

By the way Lostsoul... I received my procharger yesterday. When do you expect yours?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

05_Bullitt: You just got your procharger!!! .. haha.. I'm still waiting for them to take the money out of the account. They told me that they are getting the kit ready and that ATI is a little behind in production. at the rate of things I would say another 2 weeks. I'm gonig to try to take pictures of my cousin and I installing it, but I'm a big time rookie..haha..

hawgman : your a life saver.. I will try to look for that.. though a link would help (must be payback for the punishment room comment..haha)
Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

hawgman= your killing me .. I spent a good 2 hours in the forum and didnt see the install for th eprocharge.. I sqaw pics.. so it was not too bad.. its a good site.. I registered .. but this is my home [sm=patriot.gif]
Old 05-12-2005, 12:09 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

He did not log the install with photographs, just took pictures of the final install. He did all the work himself. Looks like it came out pretty nice.
Here is the thread
05GT's Procharger Install
Old 05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
LMPerformance
Former Sponsor

Hello, just wanted to set the record straight on this hood and post,

I do not know who this "05_Bullitt" guy is but, he DOES NOT WORK for LMPerformance, Inc!!!! (We are RK's 2nd largest wholesaler)

We are pre-selling this hood for $450 for a very limited time. Price will go retail at $695 after the pre-sale but of course we will discount it to $661 which is the lowest we are allowed to price it.

This hood is RAM Air functional, it re-routes the air through the hood to the air cleaner. This works well with the various cold air kits on our site.

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions on it

Leon
http://www.LMPerformance.com

Hood Link:
http://www.lmperformance.com/5716/73.html
Old 05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

LMPerformance...

YOU should read the thread more carefully!

We all know that 05'_Bulitte doesn't work for you... and neither does he sell your product.

He is involved in another new "Hood" that many of us are VERY interested in, and is helping out the guy that will make them... see below

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/B6DD55C3887749E6AA9AC4E1D38CAA76.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/EA2C00A9F8DC42A7BE96DF10756DAC9F.jpg[/IMG]
I just thought I would mention that, because you came off seeming a little "Strong" and "Defensive". But that's OK.. we all have our bad days!

NOW... Since we have your attention, if you don't mind - Could you please tell us, when will LMPerformance have a hood simular to that one pictured above?!... Were dieing for one like that!

Also... MANY of use are looking for lower side hocky stick vent, but we don't like what is currently available out there - - Do you guy have an good alternatives planned for us ??

Enquiring Minds want to know!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
LMPerformance
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

LMPerformance...

YOU should read the thread more carefully!

We all know that 05'_Bulitte doesn't work for you... and neither does he sell your product.

He is involved in another new "Hood" that many of us are VERY interested in, and is helping out the guy that will make them... see below

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/B6DD55C3887749E6AA9AC4E1D38CAA76.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/EA2C00A9F8DC42A7BE96DF10756DAC9F.jpg[/IMG]
I just thought I would mention that, because you came off seeming a little "Strong" and "Defensive". But that's OK.. we all have our bad days!

NOW... Since we have your attention, if you don't mind - Could you please tell us, when will LMPerformance have a hood simular to that one pictured above?!... Were dieing for one like that!

Also... MANY of use are looking for lower side hocky stick vent, but we don't like what is currently available out there - - Do you guy have an good alternatives planned for us ??

Enquiring Minds want to know!

I will talk with RK about developing something like that hood......I just want to make sure that people did not confuse us with him as the posts seems to have blended together like that and could have been interpreted that way...... As the post started out talking about the California dream hood. My bad on it but just seemed a little fishy and wanted to make sure people did not confuse us with him.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:01 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LMPerformance

Hello, just wanted to set the record straight on this hood and post,

I do not know who this "05_Bullitt" guy is but, he DOES NOT WORK for LMPerformance, Inc!!!! (We are RK's 2nd largest wholesaler)

We are pre-selling this hood for $450 for a very limited time. Price will go retail at $695 after the pre-sale but of course we will discount it to $661 which is the lowest we are allowed to price it.

This hood is RAM Air functional, it re-routes the air through the hood to the air cleaner. This works well with the various cold air kits on our site.

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions on it

Leon
http://www.LMPerformance.com

Hood Link:
http://www.lmperformance.com/5716/73.html
Hummm....don't see anywhere that he implied that he did have anything to do with you or your company. But as long as you are here, do you have an underside shot of the hood? You say it re-routes the air, let's see a picture of the plumbing on that puppy and where it seals around the air intake.

Quick Reply: New Hood