Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took Delivery of my 05

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:25 AM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Default Took Delivery of my 05

Finally on Wednesday I took delivery of my 05 GT. After almost 4 months wait, I had to ask myself was it really worth it. Then as I drove out of the dealership, the ear to ear grin was all the answer needed to that question...Out of curiosity, any of you guys have any quirks or problems from your GT's?

Old 05-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Took Delivery of my 05

ScStanger, what was your priority number? I am now two months and a week into my wait...no info or anything. You waited 4 months, do you know what your priority level was? I think that is the most important number when it comes to getting built...
Old 05-07-2005, 12:24 PM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SCstanger

Finally on Wednesday I took delivery of my 05 GT. After almost 4 months wait, I had to ask myself was it really worth it. Then as I drove out of the dealership, the ear to ear grin was all the answer needed to that question...Out of curiosity, any of you guys have any quirks or problems from your GT's?

Yep... All of your fuses are probably loose. Open the fuze compartment in the engine bay and push all of them in.

Also... at High RPM you may create a coolant leak out of the upper engine hose. Simply change the connector to one with adjustable screw.

The only other problem you need to be aware of is speeding tickets! [8D]

Glad you got your car, man.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/B155752486EE4B05885DD92086D891CC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
LAKERLVR

ORIGINAL: Scaught

ScStanger, what was your priority number? I am now two months and a week into my wait...no info or anything. You waited 4 months, do you know what your priority level was? I think that is the most important number when it comes to getting built...

Yeah, I suppose it's very important. I've been waiting 5 months and 1 week now for my GT order. I have Vin# and Build Date but it could be another 1 or 2 months before I actually get it. This is my first time buying a Ford and unless this turns out to be the greatest sub 30,000 dollar car ever, I will be upset. I'm Certainly not impressed with their customer service or relations either. Just seem to hang customers out to dry but thats Ford for ya.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:14 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I was sooo close to giving a deposit to order mine because I couldn't find one anywhere, but it was Friday and I was gonna think obout over the weekend. The next day I got a call from a dealer and I was driving my baby home that night. This makes me ask, why are you ordering one and waiting so long?

Is it because you can't find exactly what you want?
Are you getting a better deal because it's easier to negotiate a price on a car that they don't even have yet?
Thought it would be less hassel than looking for one?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

SilverR1~ There are no GT's avalible in the Seattle area. None. I think Ford sent them all south. They figure they sell mostly F150's and the sort up here. The day I ordered there was one GT and I was scheduled to test drive it and when I came in for my appointment it was already sold an hour beofre I got there. I had no idea the demand. So I ordered one thinking that it would just be a normal two months/ 8 weeks from the factory, that being normal for a car manufacturer. But I had no idea the frikin demand for this car. Oh'well. If I never get the 2005 I ordered I'll be pissed. Oh, don't get me wrong, there are many V6's around, but who wants one of those?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:33 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Same down here, V6's everywhere, and actually a lot of Vert GT's. They just don't have the appeal the coupe has. The local dealer was going to sell me a 'Vert for the coupe price, just because they weren't selling like the coupes.

Like you said, teh demand is very high. I had my name on lists for 6 different dealers.

Someone I know has a friend that is a GM at a Ford dealer in Northern California who was able to find what I was looking for. I had to drive an hour to a particular dealer, but it was well worth it. I didn't pay the normal $4k amendum either.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:48 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

There are some GT avail here in Canada but very very few with the IUP package. I really wanted the IUP. I also really wanted Sonic Blue and there are none to be had around here, so I ordered one. This is also my first new car and am determined to get exactly what I want.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:20 AM
chrisalano22

Glad I live in Michigan . My friend is an engineer who worked with the production down at Auto Alliance and now we are both really planning on getting one. This is my first post but we are modded gtp owners. We are just trying to decide color and options. Hes driven every style and color so I think its down to black and of course gt. Im pretty excited.
Chris