Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Exhaust Shop in 30 min!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Going to Exhaust Shop in 30 min!

Wow this seems to be a common problem. Well there's no room to pull the right one out and there's no room to push the left one in so...oh well...1/2" what can you do.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Alright Alloy I figured I'd try to bring your hopes up a little bit. It's possible, but it won't be truly exact. To the trained eye it'll still appear out of whack - but to the untrained eye, it's hard to spot the difference.

Here are a couple shot of my FRPP Stingers on JBA H-pipe midpipes

I've managed to get the angles of the tips fairly similar to each other, and also the length of how far the end of the tips stick out appears to be almost spot on. However, if you take a closer look you can see the left muffler canister physically hangs lower than the right one - I have yet to be able to correct this. Maybe another 2 hours session (as I've already had 4 hours trying to fix these things) could correct this. It's a bummer that we're having this much of a hassle, especially considering that most of us paid a pretty penny for both the JBA Midpipes and the Stingers...

I'll keep you posted on things as I figure them out. Too bad you aren't 3000 miles closer - we could totally be working on this together haha.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:13 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Oh... and I've done all the alignment without having to cut, splice, or trim any pieces so far.

Maybe you could take off the longer of the two midpipes and cut off the extra 1/2" you need? I'm considering doing something similar to that, because I'm not sure if I like the fact they stick out 3in from my bumper - but that'll have to wait until I get a body kit sometime in the future haha
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

Oh... and I've done all the alignment without having to cut, splice, or trim any pieces so far.

Maybe you could take off the longer of the two midpipes and cut off the extra 1/2" you need? I'm considering doing something similar to that, because I'm not sure if I like the fact they stick out 3in from my bumper - but that'll have to wait until I get a body kit sometime in the future haha
Hey thanks for the help man! Yeah 3,000 miles is quite a trip.

It's a shame these things cost so much, but are giving us so much trouble. My second option was to shorten the left midpipe and pull it in 1/2", but the over axle pipe is as far forward as possible without hitting anything. My exhaust shop has looked at every option and there just seems to be none. The 1/2" difference in mine isn't very noticible, and like others have said, some GTs and GT500s come from the factory with uneven exhaust. I guess I'll just have to get over it, but keep me posted on your work . Your car looks nice and those tips are hanging great. Once you slap a GT bumper or some other bumper on I would shorten them a little.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i sure hope I can get a new rear bumper soon...

That "diaper" that hangs below the rear v6 bumper is ANNOYING and ruins the look IMO.

One day...

I'll be sure to let you know of any discoveries.