Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2v.. 3v.. 4v..

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2v.. 3v.. 4v..

ORIGINAL: Allstar

ORIGINAL: Virgule

This is the most lame discussion I've ever seen on this board. Next we'll be discussing what the V in V8 stands for........
oh shut up.. i told you i kno what the v in 2v 3v and 4v stands for i just didn't know how it worked.. excuse me..
why dontbu explain the cure for cancer since ur so smart
I'm surprised you even have a drivers license, much less a Mustang. By the way, the V in V8 has nothing to do with valves. All kidding aside, I would strongly recommend you take a mechanics class in the industrial arts venue of your high school. You'll actually learn sump'n, like what an engine looks like, what a head is, and how you feed the squirrels that run around in circles keeping the crankshaft going.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:57 AM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

This is the most lame discussion I've ever seen on this board. Next we'll be discussing what the V in V8 stands for........
oh shut up.. i told you i kno what the v in 2v 3v and 4v stands for i just didn't know how it worked.. excuse me..
I'm surprised you even have a drivers license, much less a Mustang. By the way, the V in V8 has nothing to do with valves. All kidding aside, I would strongly recommend you take a mechanics class in the industrial arts venue of your high school. You'll actually learn sump'n, like what an engine looks like, what a head is, and how you feed the squirrels that run around in circles keeping the crankshaft going.

Dude back the F*** Off! He is just trying to further his technical understanding of his car, there is nothing wrong with that. That's what these forums are for. Not everyone is born with the knowledge of how the valves operate in an engine, except for apparently you. I think its people like you who dont deserve a mustang, the mustang is a tradition and part of that tradition is passing on the knowledge and helping educate others out who dont as much. You're just an a$$ who is to full of himself.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cbrstng08

Dude back the F*** Off! He is just trying to further his technical understanding of his car, there is nothing wrong with that. That's what these forums are for. Not everyone is born with the knowledge of how the valves operate in an engine, except for apparently you. I think its people like you who dont deserve a mustang, the mustang is a tradition and part of that tradition is passing on the knowledge and helping educate others out who dont as much. You're just an a$$ who is to full of himself.
ummm... what's a muffler?

Is a loud muffler better than a quiet one?

Oh, oh, oh....what's adriveshaft?

Is a one piece better than a two piece?

Oh, oh, oh..... what's a carburetor?

Is a carburetor better than a supercharger?

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.... what is fuel injection?

Is fuel injection better than a distributor?

Oh, oh, oh....What's a header?

Is a header better than a head?

I do hope you'll be patient with me, while I ask you all these complex questions.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabber

You do know that the 4V heads still flow better than 3V heads, even though it is close. Now, as far as torque down low, 99/01 Cobra's with the 4V have a better torque curve, same with the Mach 1's. Especially the Cobra's, they get all their torque at once at 2K RPM.

So, now, the Torque is not better on the 3V's. I own both cars.

So, 4V>3V>2v

Interesting. I had been told the 3V had the stronger torque curve. If you're right I stand corrected.

Flow numbers are one thing, and it's fact that the 4V heads do flow better. However, if you read the article from the link posted n this thread, they talk alot about the importance ofport design. From that standpoint, they make some interesting remarks about the 3v & 4v ports. Evidently the 3v ports aremore efficient. It's a good read.

In any case,it's obvious you can make nice power with either head. As an aside, I can't waitfor the 3v Patriot heads to come out.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

The location of the vavles is very important. The 4V heads flow just barely better then the 3V heads. It is amazing, but pretty obvious. These new 3V heads are more advance, then the 4V heads. At least the 4V heads found on the older cobra's and mach 1's. the torque curve is better.

Think about it, the mach 1, with a 4V, has 5 more HP then an S197 GT, and weighs about the same, and has similar gearing. 3.55 gears right. However, the mach 1's are a bit faster with equal drivers.

I have not heard about the new 3V patriot heads, any more info? How much better are they?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

The location of the vavles is very important. The 4V heads flow just barely better then the 3V heads. It is amazing, but pretty obvious. These new 3V heads are more advance, then the 4V heads. At least the 4V heads found on the older cobra's and mach 1's. the torque curve is better.

Think about it, the mach 1, with a 4V, has 5 more HP then an S197 GT, and weighs about the same, and has similar gearing. 3.55 gears right. However, the mach 1's are a bit faster with equal drivers.

I have not heard about the new 3V patriot heads, any more info? How much better are they?
If you can find that 2005-2008 Mustang magazine there is an article in there. C&L parnered with Patriot to build them, and they will be released with the new intake manifoldfrom C&L in October.

Out of the box they flow over 300 @ .500 intake and I forget exhaust, but it was equally impressive. Just think abouthow well they'd flow with even a mild port job.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

That would be amazing. I am going to look that up. Thanks Lieu!!!

Virgule- Do you have any idea what V8 stands for, or what the V stands for?

PLEASE NO ONE ELSE ANSWER THIS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

That would be amazing. I am going to look that up. Thanks Lieu!!!

Virgule- Do you have any idea what V8 stands for, or what the V stands for?

PLEASE NO ONE ELSE ANSWER THIS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Ok, he had long enough to respond. The 'V' stands for..... VEGETABLE. And the 8, because there's 8 vegetables in it. Right?

http://www.v8juice.com/images/photo_products.jpg

At any rate, I agree with the others, Virgule. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, then why do you even waste your time replying to this thread? Unlike you, not all of us were born walking talking encyclopedias. It took a lot of time, money, effort, and busted knuckles too learn the things I have learned over the years, and as with most of the others around here, a little help from a father, brother, uncle, friend, etc. I commend the OP for trying to learn about what makes his car run, and am even happier seeing people give him the answer he was looking for, rather than be immature.
/rant

Back on topic, this is an example of a 2v setup: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine1.htm
Old 07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Good stuff man. I'm glad someone spoke out.

I'll give you the answer. It means the shape of an engine. The engine is V shaped. Right?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Starting to think an automotive IQ test should be administered prior to loan approval.

Quick Reply: 2v.. 3v.. 4v..