Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF? Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:11 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WTF? Has this happened to you?

I just got back from doing some dougnuts in a high school parking lot.

There were some people at the school field cheering me on.

DAMN THAT FELT GOOD.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WTF? Has this happened to you?

ORIGINAL: illin

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

Thanks for all the input guys.....I figured that the gas just sloshed to one side and the sensor was reading wrong (although it was odd having a 1/2 tank of gas[&:]). Illin you need to chill the Fu*k out. You have absolutely no idea what my driving styles/morals/ect are. Its very stupid and judgemental to throw such an online hissy fit over a situation in which you were not involved with or knew the circumstances of.......the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty.....not one car in a mile radius......giant lot......and zero living beings in sight. I know where your coming from in terms of endangering lives and driving stupid.....I feel the same way. However calling me a dumbass without even being there is even more irritating. I am probably more responsible of a driver then most of the guys double my age. So contribute something usefull of STFU.
Bro...there is no need to get nasty and I certainly didnt label you. I am just trying to help you out. Kids get killed all the time by great drivers on empty roads and empty lots. Back in the day when I was "The Man" I would try to show kids some latitude and send them packing without ruing their life. Some get mouthy...and it seems that by justifying your actions you have chosen to as well. Let me put it to you this way...there is no justification for hotdogging in a school parking lot.

Let me tell you that school lots are a bad place to practice vehicular shenanigans. You are going to get allot more leeway in a Home Depot lot than "Springfield" Middle School. City cops are not lenient when it comes to public property...not at all. Schools get a special revist schedule too...so your chances of getting nicked are high.

Here...and most states are very similar...you would be looking at reckless ticket at a minimum which will set you back upwards of $2500 and your car will be impounded for 30 days minimum. Keep in mind that reckless/careless are treated nearly identical as DUIs in most courts. Dont let anyone fool you into thinking that private property gives you some kind of magic immunity either.

The great thing you have available that we did not as youngsters is a booming track scene. Friday and Saturday grudge nights are awesome ways to let off steam...make a buck or two and answer questions that smack can only handle so far. Track time is cheap, safe and a hell of a lot of fun.

Just stay off the schools k?

Illin - I'm with you on this and I got to say, some people will never listen, nor learn until it's too late. It's ironic - no one ever intends to hurt someone else when they try to get s speed fix, but hey, that's why they're called accidents. Doing things in places where they're not expected to occur is usually where the serious accidents occur...Chalk it up to the ignorance of youth....