Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Bezel Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Wouldn't it be nice when people posted replies in your thread...that they were actually helpful? Other than the initial reply, the rest is just a rant of opinion's about plastic!

Anyways, I have replaced a friend's and it wasn't that hard. He had a Chiltons, and that with a couple of hand tools was all we needed. Just be careful, and take your time the first time you pry on anything!

Okay guys, now that I have posted something useful you can start bickering at eachother again!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cavediver
What kind of job do you have and what product or service do you supply? I'd like to know so I could buy 'perfection' from your "quality job 1". I haven't found 'perfection' anywhere so please share yours with us.

You do know "Quality is job 1" is a Ford motto don't you and not something I made up. It's a motto that they're not living up to.
Don't get me wrong because I love my GT/CS but wish Ford could've used better quality parts. Seems like they have poor quality control people that just slap on parts without inspecting it first. I'm not here to argue with anyone but rather point out that I have the same problem with bezel imperfections as the original poster. Quite a few Mustang owners have noticed these imperfections and while it may not bother some it may bother others. I only got on the defensive when 157db questioned my post. He's always making stupid remarks that **** people off, using sarcasm, and d*ckin with people. Other members will agree. My first post was my own opinion and he didn't have to question my opinion. :End of rant: I'll be quiet now.

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 08-17-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

the dash bezel is pretty easy to pop off....I've seen my dealer do it
Old 08-17-2008, 07:03 AM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by A_Drunken_Llama
the dash bezel is pretty easy to pop off....I've seen my dealer do it

Did he pop it off without removing the dash? Is the clear plastic over the speedometer and tach attached to the bezel?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:04 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
I only got on the defensive when 157db questioned my post. He's always making stupid remarks that **** people off, using sarcasm, and d*ckin with people. Other members will agree. My first post was my own opinion and he didn't have to question my opinion. :End of rant: I'll be quiet now.
If you dont like other peoples opinions, you are in the wrong place and you need to leave. We cant have no thin skinned liver bellies around here who get offended at the drop of a pin.
I contribute enough to the forum to balance out the "sarcasim and d*icking". What have you contributed lately besides whining about me?
If I was such a pain in the *** as you describe, the moderators would have banned me about 5000 posts ago.

I would like to see you digging the chrome metal dash trim out of your head after an accident. Thats why they are plastic nowdays and not metal. And can you say weight savings? Geeeze, cheap this, job one that.
Whats your profession again, ice cream scooper?
You can dish it out but you cant take it.
Get it?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
If you dont like other peoples opinions, you are in the wrong place and you need to leave. We cant have no thin skinned liver bellies around here who get offended at the drop of a pin.
I contribute enough to the forum to balance out the "sarcasim and d*icking". What have you contributed lately besides whining about me?
If I was such a pain in the *** as you describe, the moderators would have banned me about 5000 posts ago.

I would like to see you digging the chrome metal dash trim out of your head after an accident. Thats why they are plastic nowdays and not metal. And can you say weight savings? Geeeze, cheap this, job one that.
Whats your profession again, ice cream scooper?
You can dish it out but you cant take it.
Get it?
I'm not going to argue with you. Just stay out of my posts or don't respond to them. Better yet...I'll just put you on the ignore list.

Don't matter if it's metal or plastic trim. That's what airbags are for.

And I'm a Linux HPC engineer since you asked.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:10 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

So, back to me...

Does anyone know if you can pop off the bezel without removing any other dash components? And, is the clear plastic over the tach and speedometer attached to the bezel?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

OK, so I figured out that all I have to do is tilt the steering wheel to the lowest level, and then you can pull the bezel straight out. The clear plastic is actually part of the cluster (#&$%!) and probably can't be replaced separately.