Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got pulled over for....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Although the tints look really good, it is just another reason not to waste your money and time doing them. Spend it on something else and keep it legal, then at least your moving target does not have a whole bunch of reasons to be pulled over....
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

and since i might be selling the car, and the clear coat on my tails are peeling anyways..

i guess these are what im going to go with, since they are more appealing then the OE red ones..

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c...=49030&id=2984

ebay for 150ish shipped
Old 09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Noooooooooo, lol.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

yeah I may not be one to talk but a buddy I work with has those on his 06 black on red gt&they look like ***, some of our buddies have looked at our cars side by side from the back&told him "I wouldn't be caught dead in your car with those tailights"
Sucks about your experience but you gotta understand from a cops perspective to cars just like people that fit a certain profile are statistically more likely to do certain things that may or may not be legal. I work with cops all the time and when I show them my car the first thing they ask is how many tickets have you got in this? Not sure what the laws are in GA as far as being to low but I know in CALI the highway patrol would pull you over in a minute if you we're slammed had ANY tint PERIOD anything with a import style muffler would automatically get a exhaust noise violation the list goes on&on. Seems to be either they are chill about that kinda stuff here in GA or just don't care that much>? I know i've been followed by state patrol for miles without being lit up&many local PD have pulled up next to my car or weaved in and out of traffic just to get next to/behind me&check my car out without pulling me over. Many i've been lucky since I don't have tinted windows/tails/headlights just the third brake light overlay*still damn near gives me a heart attack when they get right up on me*
Old 09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

sell your car and buy a scion before u buy those tail lights, barf man.

knock on wood for me bro that sucks about getting pulled over.

I dont think anybody cars is as blacked out as mine or as loud. My fogs, head lamps and 3rd brake and turns and rear bumper lights are all blacked out not tinted blacked out , can not see through them at all. gts tail light covers, and front windshield tint along with limo all the way around. I drove batmans car other day and he was in mine behind me and u can not even see in at all during mid day, its crazy looks like the headless horseman coming down the street I love it.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

lol.. tomb.. thats funny as fck.. headless horseman..

so i was htinking.. the "ugly ones" would cost 155 and OE's would cost like 80ish.. so i guess im going with some OE lights.. im so sad.. the car looks soo good with tinted tails
Old 09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

GTStang I dont think you have to sell the car over this though. I would just change out the tail lights and front strip and be done. Honestly I have no tint strip on the front window as I think it looks better without it.

For the exhaust I just barely touch the throttle when I see a cop to keep queit, and the window tint I just roll down the windows when I am worried.

I have been pulled over twice and ticketed for speeding and I just roll down both windows. Never said anything. (Called Ticketclinic and had them both thrown out. Highly recommend them.)

With my old car I got pulled over alot for speeding and cops used to complement my exhaust Only one ever had a problem with it.

This is just one of those crappy things that happens, fix it and keep going. You will miss the stang if you toss it.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i hear ya man.. and i dought this will end in me getting rid of the car.. im just saying it just adds on to the scale of wanting to get back in a truck, and save the stang for later.. and we all know, Id be freakin heart broken for years to come if i got rid of this car..

about that ticketclinic.. whats the deal on that?.. explain
Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ok.. so im about to just buy the OE ones off ebay..

but i was thinking.. what if i got the GTS covers and used them.. if i ever get pulled over again, i can just pull them off right in front of them.. or say i forgot to pull them off after the show.. or something like that..

i cant stand to think about my car with out black tail lights.. its gunna look like ****..
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'll sell you my GTS covers from American Muscle cheap! pm me

Quick Reply: just got pulled over for....