Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soccer mom vs Mustang :( ouch

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

I was told by a cop buddy that when two cars hit eachother that they have to give out a ticket to one of them and its up to the cop to figure it out. Obviously because if everyone was doing everything they were supposed to there would be no accident.

I am still kind of confused on what happened though. You were in the left turn lane and then started turning left and she was in the turn lane turning left right in front of you, and then she decided to go straight? Was it a "left turn yield on green"?

Last edited by avengence; 09-18-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by avengence
I was told by a cop buddy that when two cars hit eachother that they have to give out a ticket to one of them and its up to the cop to figure it out. Obviously because if everyone was doing everything they were supposed to there would be no accident.

I am still kind of confused on what happened though. You were in the left turn lane and then started turning left and she was in the turn lane turning left right in front of you, and then she decided to go straight? Was it a "left turn yield on green"?
yeah i was trying to draw a picture in my head too...
since the damages are both on the left side of the cars i'd guess they were heading opposite directions...

sounds like mustang was in a left turn lane to make a left and the other lady was coming from the opposite direction was going straight and not making a left...

either the mustang thought she was going to make a left when she was actually in the straigh-thru lane or the minivan was in the turn lane and then changed lanes to the thru lane to go straight...someone's obviously mistaken here...obviously

*EDIT* ok well upon re-examination it looks like the rt front of the mustang got hit and it swayed the front end to the left thus pinching the left fender and door...

so the impact was left front to van and right front to mustang? ok so i'm still confused

Last edited by 4wheelkillr; 09-18-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by avengence

When I was in my accident nobody got a ticket.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

was it pretty much like this?
im assuming you were pulled out in the middle of the intersection

Old 09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

Yes she was in her Left turn lane and shanged lanes without notice and wack.. I got failure to yeld ticket, she got Failure to use turn signal to change lanes.

uggg how long does it take to hear back from the insurance adjuster.. I want my girl back. hehe
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When my daughter got into a car accident, the insurance company said it would take a week or two. They have to investigate who is at fault. Well, I didn't want to wait that long knowing that it was the other driver's fault so I did my own investigating.

I took pictures of both car, skid marks, and the intersection from different perspectives. I also went to Google Earth and copied the area (photo) and drew lines to show the direction of the cars to prove that my daughter was not at fault. I emailed my insurance agent all the info and I got a check in two days. They concluded it was the other driver's fault....DUH!
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
When my daughter got into a car accident, the insurance company said it would take a week or two. They have to investigate who is at fault. Well, I didn't want to wait that long knowing that it was the other driver's fault so I did my own investigating.

I took pictures of both car, skid marks, and the intersection from different perspectives. I also went to Google Earth and copied the area (photo) and drew lines to show the direction of the cars to prove that my daughter was not at fault. I emailed my insurance agent all the info and I got a check in two days. They concluded it was the other driver's fault....DUH!
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.
ABSOLUTELY!
This is the way to get claims settled and resolved. Not b*tch and moan about fault and threaten legal action without proof to support your side.

So you did the right thing....and look at the result!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Thats actually kind of stupid. They gave her a failure to use her blinker ticket and gave you a failure to yield ticket. I would fight that and show that you didnt have time to react or something. I hate bad drivers and they should all be shot (or drive themselves off of a cliff)