Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its my first mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
STLPonyRider

Default Its my first mustang!

And I love it so far. I have had it for a week and have put just over 800 miles on it.

I actually got quite lucky that I got it. Someone got tired of waiting for theres to get built and decided to forget about it and buy something else. I put a deposit down on it 2 days later and in 2 weeks I had a build date. 2 weeks from the build date the car was at the dealership.

Anyways, Im glad to be a fellow mustang owner!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16739/F60C0EE3835749FDA90BBC68498C86ED.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16739/0898458D77F447C29B9C2E35CFF8431C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16739/2650D56D135C4E39AF9E3FEEE66147D0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16739/4BF99382E4BA43F2912C9CBE321A8676.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-19-2005, 12:03 PM
bortwein
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Its my first mustang!

Is that a sun roof? You get it stock? Is that an 06 option? ...
Old 05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

OK, I'm confused.....I was told they wouldn't be sold with a sunroof, even on the '06 model....

Would love to know how you got a sunroof, aftermarket or stock??
Old 05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Congrats STLPonyRider.....I like that color. Where did you get the sunroof? Where did you get the car and did you get a good deal? Professor Wizard and I are in your neck of the woods. There is a sonic blue one at Pundmann that some woman ordered and is getting Disney characters painted on hers. I would love to see that one when it gets done.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:43 PM
STLPonyRider

I got mine from Pundmann Ford. Im betting that the salesman is pulling someones leg. My Sonic Blue came in early last week with 2 Black GT's. One of the Black GT's was spoken for and the other had the owner back out on it. They marked the car up $1500 and put it for sale on their lot that day. When I returned to the dealership the next day to finish signing the financing papers, I was told that the Black GT was already sold that morning. Guess they dont sit there for long. I would lay odds that the Blue GT supposedly destined for Disney characters was actually my GT waiting for the sunroof to be installed. As for the sunroof. I had the dealership put it in for me. They covered it under the warrenty, therefore, if it leaks or has any problems, they are suppose to repair or replace it. They put it in for $950. It was a big gamble because I didnt know if I would like the looks of the sunroof, but now I'm real happy that I had it put in.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:38 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STLPonyRider

I got mine from Pundmann Ford. Im betting that the salesman is pulling someones leg. My Sonic Blue came in early last week with 2 Black GT's. One of the Black GT's was spoken for and the other had the owner back out on it. They marked the car up $1500 and put it for sale on their lot that day. When I returned to the dealership the next day to finish signing the financing papers, I was told that the Black GT was already sold that morning. Guess they dont sit there for long. I would lay odds that the Blue GT supposedly destined for Disney characters was actually my GT waiting for the sunroof to be installed. As for the sunroof. I had the dealership put it in for me. They covered it under the warrenty, therefore, if it leaks or has any problems, they are suppose to repair or replace it. They put it in for $950. It was a big gamble because I didnt know if I would like the looks of the sunroof, but now I'm real happy that I had it put in.
I stopped by there to look at your car then went to see the salesman. I can't remember his name but he did say that the blue one was going to be painted with Disney characters. The one I seen didn't have the stripes on it either. I did see the 2 black ones because that day they were both parked up front waiting for the new owners to come in and pick them up. I seen yours on the lot for about 2 weeks and it was driving me crazy seeing just stting there. I drive by there everyday going to work and come to think of it, that car was just picked up a a day or two ago. But I did see yours there before and I bet there were 2 blue ones there.

Anyway, congrats to you. I picked up mine this past Saturday out west and now I have 800 miles on it. Of course I drive almost 70 miles one way to work but this car is blast to drive. It cut 5 minutes off my commute to work. Since I have had mine, I have seen more Mustangs on the road than before I got mine. Even got a real nice smile from a woman in a Legend Lime V6.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Congrats. I finally got my Mustang 2 weeks ago and have 1200 miles on it. I talked my wife into letting me dump my Honda Civic since I commute 120 miles a day and was sick of driving a go cart.

05BlueGT it looks like I am in your neck of the woods outside STL.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

STL seems to like mustangs! haha.. so why are there so FEW of them on the road.

I have stopped by Suntrip Ford in Ellisville at least once every 2 weeks since I orderd my car to get my "FIX"... Drives the sales guys NUTS!

I assume they are marking them up quite a bit because they aren't moving them very fast... The dont' have any GT's on the lot. but on my last stop, they had a fire Red v6 and 3 Saleens .. Black, Blue and Silver.

One thing you notice reall fast... they got stuck with a LOT of 04's, and I noticed in fix stops that nearly everyone that visits to look at the 05's have to listen to a sales pitch on getting a DEAL on an 04!

2 more weeks to my car! I hope I hope!