Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting my first car....Mustang...this summer

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Hold out till just after the the 2010 hits, I'm sure the price of s197s will drop with all the trade ins and a cheaper GT should be np.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, from one dominicano to another! (you must be or else u wouldn't be a mantazero lol.) just do what fit YOUR guidelines, and what you want outta the car. I live in queens too, and I chose the V6 because it's my daily driver. That and the $32k they were asking for the GT was wayyy too much lol. Sure you can get a GT for around $16,000 to 17,000, even less. But you and me know that living in queens, where are you gonna put that power down? Maybe on the Grand Central or Van Wyck, but that'll only be a short spurt. With the V6 you can get GT performance without having to break your wallet.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
snooj
1st Gear Member

I bought my v6 a few months ago for 17k brand new. It's a base mustang with a 4k package on it. I think 12-14k for a used one would definately be realistic!

Always argue when purchasing a vehicle. In most cases you can get the price lowered. Do some research on used mustangs and see the typical prices they're going for. Hopefully lots of people here will chime in with the prices they've paid. Go in to the dealer knowing these numbers ahead of time.

The mustang was my first car too, and it won't disappoint!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

Whether you go V6 or V8 you can always talk the price down. Here's a big thing too. Don't be scared to walk away. They are trying to sell mustangs everyday, and they will only be more willing to work with you or call you back after you walk away. Plus I got my GT 14,900 and it only had 36k on it. Just look around, and all the money you have saved up for performance parts for a v6 you should put towards a GT cause it takes A LOT of money to try and catch up to a V8 with a V6. Good luck!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 PM
StangHarley
1st Gear Member

'05 Vert Premium V6 Auto, $14k with 42K miles in superb condition. You're target price is way reasonable. Who's paying for insurance while you're in school? Someone else? - shoot for the GT. A car with a lot of go only goes as fast as you mash the pedal. If you can swing the V8 you'll learn to handle it one way or another, good or bad, like so many before you.
We all learn the hard way but I certainly wish you luck!

Last edited by StangHarley; 11-05-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 AM
matanzero

Ah wow thanks for all the replies

I'm feeling like it'd definitely be worth it to get the GT, and I think I might be able to, but either way I'm gonna end up with a mustang so its all good.
As far as mods go...what are the basic ones? Performance and look wise? And if I get the GT would the CAI still be a good idea?

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
Welcome to the forums, from one dominicano to another! (you must be or else u wouldn't be a mantazero lol.) just do what fit YOUR guidelines, and what you want outta the car. I live in queens too, and I chose the V6 because it's my daily driver. That and the $32k they were asking for the GT was wayyy too much lol. Sure you can get a GT for around $16,000 to 17,000, even less. But you and me know that living in queens, where are you gonna put that power down? Maybe on the Grand Central or Van Wyck, but that'll only be a short spurt. With the V6 you can get GT performance without having to break your wallet.
Not dominican but youre pretty close...cuban. And you're definitely right about the GT and how packed the streets are....but then again it's nice to have the power once you hit the highways or nassau. I'll probably end up with a v6 but I still have all winter and spring to look around. Ima just get what fits me, like you said, and what I can afford at the time, but the GT is ridiculous I'd love to have one

Thanks everyone
Old 11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

I think you should go with the V6..Save that extra money to do what you want to the V6...My first car was a mustang and its still a mustang V6 as im only 19 i think being in NYC and the constant stop go stop go streets you should stay with the V6. If you buy a CAI and a tune on the V6 trust me youll be happy when you step on it on the highway.