Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes 409 Axle-back?

Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
9t8z28

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Hey man, dont know if it is just the way I was reading it, but I was not the one complaining or trying to be a jerk. If you read up there you asked me a ? and I answered you. I have been working on cars a while and know how to read directions. Short story is for my car I had to make the adjustments above to make the axle back fit. Unless you were in my driveway with me when I did it, basically assuming I did it wrong is unfair, and even if I did they fit perfect now and I am happy.

As far as the H-pipe O2 bungs, this is also something I had heard of from others before I bought the pipe. I was ok with it, becuase I dont mind tinkering with stuff to fix it myself.

I only call the OEM if there is a big problem. Minor tweaking on a $120 H pipe is no biggie to me. If I paid $600+ you would have heard from me.

Honestly I have bought Pypes Violators, Pypes O/R H, and Pypes High flow cats.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not intend for your post to be condescending and let it go, because I am sure you would hate to **** off a repeat customer.
No, I was not being condescending and I don't think you were being a jerk. You made a statement that the hangers were welded on wrong and you gave a description of where it put the tip in reference to the cutout. From my install experience, you just described the problem that some people run into when the axle back is not installed properly.

I am not trying to get you fired up in any way and I apologize if I have done that. I understand that you don't mind making adjustments but if it was defective, we would not have had a problem replacing it. I am on these forums to help. Thats all.

Last edited by 9t8z28; 11-13-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:08 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Thats what I figured, when you read stuff online it is hard to understand the tone. It very well may have been an install problem but it was much faster to cut and reweld the hanger than to monkey with adjustments all afternoon.

Thanks for offering to replace the H pipe but it isnt necessary.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

you get what you pay for....i have heard sooo many problems with "pipes".........it is an alright exhaust on a tight budget, or a temporary exhasut system, no more....good luck
Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 PM
navyboy12807

UPDATE!!! I followed the advice that someone posted here earlier and contacted Brandon at Pypes. I am lucky that I only live an hour from there. He took my call and told me to ride up there today. When I arrived they took my car in the back and looked at my exhaust system after the car cooled down. One of the techs came out to tell me that they were going to install a new x-pipe and axle back exhaust for me AT NO CHARGE!!! The even MORE AMAZING PART was that my problems were caused by faulty installation, not anything that Pypes did or made. I STAND CORRECTED and will NEVER jump to a conclusion again. PYPES STANDS BY THEIR PRODUCTS 100%! THANK YOU TO BRANDON AND PYPES! I am sticking with Pypes and I work at a Ford dealership which the guys at Pypes DID NOT KNOW when they helped me out. I will recommend Pypes to ALL MY FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

I love my Violators and off-road H. It sounded awesome. It was just too loud when I didn't have a license (hey, I gotta get to work). Now that I have my license back, I'm really considering buying some Violators again. About the only thing that I didn't like was they seem to hold water. If I purchase some again, I will be drilling a small hole in the bottom for a drain and give it a good rust inhibiting coating.

I did not have the alignment problems that others had. But I tried the hangers both ways to see which way they lined up best. I did the same with my Magnaflows. It's best to spend 5 minutes and try both ways, IMO. The only problem I did have, which was referenced earlier, is that the exhaust hangers in front of the bumper are long. My passenger side was fine, but I did have to cut an inch off the driver's side, because it was hitting the bumper support. That said, it took a whopping 2 minutes to pull out my sawzall and cut it off.