Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are pricks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default We are ******?

Man, we are getting trashed hard over in the SVT page

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...6&page=1&pp=25

We must be real ******.
What is up with all the hostility in between the 05 owners and the early models, they seem to think we are all old farts and don't give cobras the respect they deserve. after all, we don't know anything about cars, and certainly not anything about Cobras
To listen to the trash talk, we have never had a mustang before, and learned all we know about cars from the stupid salesman.
go figure.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:29 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: We are ******?

I read through those... didn't seem all that bad. They were bagging mostly on the snooty types and those who are misguided about how much power an 05 makes stock. If a stock '05 GT owner snubs his nose at (or tries to run with) a blown Cobra, he is a dork... and deserves to get ranted about.

Now... a blown 05 vs a blown 04 Cobra would be fun to see!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:33 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

I just didn't like the overall tone.
It dosen't seem like there is a voice of reason telling everyone that it isn't "all" 05 owners, just a few ignorant ones.
they be bagging on us.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: showam1

I just didn't like the overall tone.
It dosen't seem like there is a voice of reason telling everyone that it isn't "all" 05 owners, just a few ignorant ones.
they be bagging on us.
Well then, I guess its a good thing that I usually don't care what other people think about me too much. As long as my family and friends like me.. I'm OK with that.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

You are right, it shouldn't bug me. I just hate to see it. Why not be happy that ford made another great mustang instead of bashing it, and us for buying one?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Yea no kidding. I bought my 05 V6 for the new body style since I've always liked the late 68/69 Mustangs. If I wanted a fast car to post on a forum about how bad a$$ I am I would have saved my money and bought a Ford GT or something with 500+. I don't need 300+ hp to get to work 10 minutes faster. Now if I were taking it to the track every weekend and it was just my special toy that would be a different story. All I care about with my car is how good it looks. The Cobras are sweet, but I don't understand the hate.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:10 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I dont know why they would hate us.. I will soon have 03/04 injectors with my ati kit just part of the family
Old 05-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

They don't hate us. It's the old farts who think a stock GT is fast that give us bad names.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Excuse ME... lol... it is us OLD FARTS that actually know what FAST cars ARE.. hahaha...

A Stock GT is FAST.. but not the Fastest... and if you want to talk STOCK.. then YES... a Stock 05' is considerably faster then most other prior years.

The best part is.. us Old Farts know how to make our cars faster then the kids because we have already learned what doesn't work!

Who is fastest at the NHRA... Young or Old?
Who is fastest at NASCAR... Young or Old?

Funny... when I was young... I went to the old guys to get advice on what to do to make my cars faster and better. Today's young people think older people are full of ****!

Maybe we are!.. but were GOOD at being full of ****!

OK .. OK.. I'm off my hight horse now!

ha ha!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry buddy but stock does not equal fast. An 03/04 cobra will rape an 05 GT. We are close to pre 03 cobras but I still think stock vs. stock the cobra is faster. You need to get your facts straight. It's a neat car but it can't hold a candle to a 03/04 cobra. High 13's is not FAST. Stock LS1's are low 13's easy and one pro driver got one into the 12's. BONE STOCK. Be humble about your car and you won't get embarassed. To consider your car "fast" you should be running 11's.

Quick Reply: We are pricks?