Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does something always go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

hang in there man, happens to everyone.

3d carbon chin spolier flew off on the expressway, almost wrapped up in y wheel wells and spinning me out.

horrible gear install, afraid to drive the car for a month. sound made me want to kill myself.

dropped the car on me installing my lcas. now the bushing creak, but i dont want to remove/grease/install them again.

my borla drones like crazy.

cut my hands up really bad trying to change my foglamps, which i figured would be a '2 minute job'. took me all night.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Forgot to add....

Once upon a time I thought about being a roadster type guy. Was REAL close to getting a Miata. So much so I bought a allegedly european-sounding trumpet type air horn to replace the stock horn. Ended up not getting a Miata, but still had the horn.

I'm embarassed to say I tried it on the Mustang. Sounded kinda whimpy. So I took it off and now its for sale on a Miata forum.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I just so happen to know someone who has a vista blue mustang gt and the color of his GT500 spoiler (from the spoiler store) didn't match..the spoiler was lighter in color than the car. Turns out, he waited too long to say something and he is stuck with it on his car now.

On the other hand, Atlanta_Tider has a black one on his car and it looks great.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

^off topic, but god damn your car looks awesome in your sig pic!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

^^agreed that sig pic is nice.

Yeah it's a little lighter and cloudier than my car's paint.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Devil Wolf
^off topic, but god damn your car looks awesome in your sig pic!
well, thank you.

I had some professional pictures taken about 2 weeks ago. If you go to the members rides & car show section you can see some of the others that were taken.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AlloySixxer
^^agreed that sig pic is nice.

Yeah it's a little lighter and cloudier than my car's paint.
that sounds just like the vista blue one
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I'm right along with you with nothing going right. My window tint has bubbles in it. They are hardly noticeable, but I still havent gotten around to making the shop redo it. I didnt torque one of my corsa mufflers all the way down and it is slightly missaligned now. I had to get my gears redone twice, but the shop was really good about it and asked no questions. I just tried tinting my front turn signals, but those have bubbles all over so I'll have to redo those. My 93 octane tune pings during the summer. I have a PHB and HD brace laying on my floor ready to be installed, but I'm kind of scared on what could go wrong with that. Other things have gone ok, but just took me about 4 times longer than anyone else claims they can do it in such as changing the fuel filter. I guess the one mod that went flawlessly was my D-specs. I guess that's why I love them so much haha.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
2008moosetang
1st Gear Member

I've been through similiar stuff. Had mufflers put on, and made the most horrid rattling, at all RPM's. They said it was just breaking in, finally got it back in after a month or so. One of J hangers needed to be adjusted about 90 degrees to be in the right spot. Then I bought a Cervini's Ducktail Fin Spoiler, the paint bubbled within a week of it being installed and the tape wasn't staying, its in the shop for the 3rd time now. They've had the Spoiler now a total of 4 weeks now trying to get it done correctly, still waiting on a call for re-install...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Oh and one more thing, when i put HPS pads in the rear, somehow one of them got wedged sideways after about 100 miles of driving and ruined the pad.

Quick Reply: Why does something always go wrong?