Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does something always go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I'm on my fifth Mustang, and have more bad mod stories than I could list. Even so I always got them straightened out, and have been happy with most of them. It's part of the experience.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Here's my story on the spoiler. When I got it, it had 3 of what look like thumb prints in the spoiler, and the spoiler had terrible orange peel. I had it wet sanded and now it looks pretty good and I'm satisfied. Another thing, the idiots at the Spoiler Store put the tape too far up on the spoiler. standing next to the car looking back you can see the tape underneath the spoiler. I sharpied it black before I installed it which helped a lot but it's still noticeable. Not to an untrained eye though.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I agree with AmericanIron. It's all part of the experience. My camshafts install was the most harrowing journey in mods.. all of the others paled in comparison to the heartache, anxiety and pain I went through wondering if my car would ever run correctly again. lol. A good dyno tune solved it.

I've been under the car banging, twisting, realigning, bending my exhaust since I got the car.... that's just an exhaust thing. I finally took it to an exhaust shop, told them to pull the entire thing apart and custom rebuild it.

Money solves all problems it seems.. who said money doesn't buy happiness was WRONG lol.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Haha lot's of stories and I know what you're talking about with the tape showing KLO. Well, once you finally get things straightened out after some trouble I guess it's worth it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:13 PM
JD57
1st Gear Member

This thread is a perfect example of what I said about not wanting to mod
my car much. I took alot of crap for that, But like's been said before....what ever
makes you happy. There are some great looking cars and fast cars on this site,
but I won't mod much.
The biggest things I will do are wheels and tires for summer and get the Koni
non-adjustable shocks and struts when they come out.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

sorry bro. i was all set to pull the trigger on some new wheels then the clutch went out on my daily driver, so much for wheels anytime soon.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles, AlloySixxer. I had a similar problem with my GT500 spoiler from the Spoiler Store... in short, the first spoiler had a bunch of little specks underneath the clearcoat and some tiny air bubbles. So I had to contact Spoiler Store and they sent me a second one a few weeks later. This one was actually worse than the first. It had a bunch of little dents all over the place. So I contacted them again and was assured that the third would be the charm. Was it? Sort of. It's much better than the first two, but it isn't perfect. There are a couple of tiny specks and one area that is a bit hazy if you look at it in direct light, but I'd be afraid to exchange it again and get something far worse. The color does match up beautifully though. Luckily the spoiler itself is good enough that I'm willing to keep it. So after two months and three spoilers I was satisfied. You can read the full thread here...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ler-store.html

Anyhow, definitely let Spoiler Store know ASAP. You don't want too much time to go by before letting them know about it. They seem to be good people that want their customers to be satisfied... I would just adivse you not to expect the spoiler to be 100% perfect. You do get what you pay for after all...
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Alot of patience is required with these cars, especially when you choose to mod'em. Not everything is gonna go right, its just the luck of the draw I guess. You have to admit though, when everything comes all together, its so much sweeter in the end when everything finally does go right. I guess if everything DID go right in these cars, it just wouldn't be as much fun LOL its part of the experience as Americaniron said!

Happy Modding
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 AM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JD57
This thread is a perfect example of what I said about not wanting to mod
my car much. I took alot of crap for that, But like's been said before....what ever
makes you happy. There are some great looking cars and fast cars on this site,
but I won't mod much.
The biggest things I will do are wheels and tires for summer and get the Koni
non-adjustable shocks and struts when they come out.
In all honesty, ask anyone who has modded their car and ask if they would do it again. The hardships are definately part of the experience and give your car personality. I know all the little quirks in my car but no one else does and to me I love the mods I have done. I have made my car unique and my own and I would never go back. It's all in the name of being separated from the pack.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
jimreinarts
2nd Gear Member

one word...... aftermarket. i am on my fourth set of gears

Quick Reply: Why does something always go wrong?