Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So... Just bought a GT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:56 AM
StarBuck

Default RE: So... Just bought a GT...

Oh, and it's a manual!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I didn't think about the weak (for us) exchange rate (biting tongue to avoid political commentary here ), that certainly does help right now.

That's a great color combo! I went to a dealership to look at the Mustangs, at the time I wasn't even remotely interested in buying one. Then I saw a black/ black/ red V6 vert. Aaaaah, that did me in! That one sold while I was trying to negotiate them down below sticker, but I ended up buying one that was identically equipped.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
StarBuck

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I didn't think about the weak (for us) exchange rate (biting tongue to avoid political commentary here ), that certainly does help right now.

That's a great color combo! I went to a dealership to look at the Mustangs, at the time I wasn't even remotely interested in buying one. Then I saw a black/ black/ red V6 vert. Aaaaah, that did me in! That one sold while I was trying to negotiate them down below sticker, but I ended up buying one that was identically equipped.
Dude, it's the ONLY colour combo!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
MikeyStang

I had a 99 C5, traded that in on an 05 C6 last fall, and now just got a Mustang GT to add to the "stable". Both of the Corvettes are more capable and have higher limits, but the Mustang feels closer than you'd expect to the C5/C6. After driving all three, it's actually quite difficult to explain. The driving experiences are quite different but it's darn near as pleasurable to drive the Stang as the Vette! I'm having trouble finding the right words to explain it but the C6 almost feels a little too refined at times while the GT is just plain fun and the fact that the GT has a better exhaust note than the Vette helps improve that visceral feel a bit too, making it seem like there's a little more connection between driver and road in the GT. I don't know... they're just "different". I guess after driving Vettes for a while, I sort of miss that more "raw" feel of a pony car... sometimes. Then again, after drinking Coke for a year, I sometimes switch to Pepsi for a change but I'm usually back to the Coke within a week. Enjoy and congrats. We just got our GT yesterday.

Mike
Old 06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

so when is the FIRST UK meet. We have

Nick - Milton Keynes
Starbuck - Stains Massive
Me - Gatwick
Nija - TBA Bristol (TBA because he's not got his yet)

Old 06-08-2005, 07:40 AM
StarBuck

Hmmm... So things didn't turn out quite as planned. The finance company messed up the documentation so I can't pick the car up until next tuesday at the earliest!!

Super gutted today...

Col.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

well to rub it in the weather is good.. I've just been out for a drive and it was very nice!

I bet tuesday cant come quick enough!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 PM
StarBuck

Tell me about it! I was literally about to get on the train to the dealer to pick the car up when I got a call from the finance company saying that they'd done the documentation based on the fact that the car was VAT registered. That means the financiers could claim the VAT back. This was never the case, but they have to now send me out new finance documents to sign, which means that the following happens:

1) The funder sends the documents to the lease company today.
2) The lease company gets the documents tomorrow and sends them to me tomorrow.
3) I recieve the documents friday and send them straight back -

......weekend...... *sigh*

4) The lease company gets the documentation back from me on Monday.
5) The funder clarifies that "it's all good", and the funds are released Monday afternoon.
6) I wait for the funds to clear, and then go and pick up the car on Tuesday.

Or at least that's the plan. We'll see how it works out with them next week. Honestly, it's like trying to herd cats... [:@]