Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

In negotiations for used 428R...advice?

Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by 0NF1R View Post
okay heres the deal....i been seeing this 428R at a car lot here in town for like the past 6 months....well i stopped today to get the trade negotiations courtship over so we can get into some real wheelin and dealin....the car info is here: http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=313201 ...well they are wanting 34.9 for the car and it has a bit over 12,000 miles on it....when i got there, one of their salesmen came out, really nice guy, starting talking about the car, then the fire department and who he knew up there, this and that, then me looked at my car then popped my hood, i heard all the oohs and ahhs...then i test drove the car, smooth ride...when we get back, we go into his office to talk...well i said first off that i need 3 conditions met: no down payment, a payment around what im paying now (i pay 430 now but can do up to about 550), and give me at least what i owe on my car...my car is an 05 with 47k on it and i could easily sell it for between 20 to 24k (when i go to shows people are always asking me if its for sale)....i owe 15.5 on it....well the salesman gave numbers like 35k for their car, give me 14.5k for my car, and a 748 monthly payment...when i heard this, it was just unbelievable....i know for a fact that my car wouldnt sit on their lot a month before they sold it for 24k...my car sits on display every day i go to work and has become known as the "fire department mustang"...its crazy how many lookers and admirers i have got...now, is it too much to ask for more on my car and less on their car, u know, kind of narrow the gap there to make the deal work or am i just out of my league here? i mean i made 47k last year and no house payment so i have money, just dont want to have that much of a payment...do you think its manageable to get a 550/mo or less payment on the 428 with this deal?...is this game worth playing?
OK so they want you to pay 748 a month for a car that costs 35K? Lets see I bought my 06 GT as it sits minus the S/C and chrome pieces for 37K put 5K down and that brings us to 32K (3K less then yours) but mine had 400 miles on it. I pay 550 a month on 32K thru Ford Credit and never onec did I have to wheel and deal like you apparantly have too. I would not buy the car unless they give it to you for 550 or less a month!

Find another dealer that has something similar and tell them you want the one you mentioned and if they can beat the monthly payment and give you what you want for your car (get dealerships to down bid each other and play them against each other) why? you have the time and a beautiful stang as it sits right now and your in NO HURRY. (at least act that way)..

Last question which may explain everything....how many yrs on the loan? 3 or 4? thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

They had the Bullit on the lot in the paper listed as the last one they have selling for $25K