Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran into a GTO today

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Ran into a GTO today

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

And your car looks like a wedge ! Maybe you can replace it with next years model.OPPS I forgot they don't make them any more looks like you will have to settle for advance auto add ons.
Haha, someone took it to heart.

My car looks like a wedge b/c it's built to go fast....which cuts through the air better, a box (your car) or a wedge (my car)?

Advance? Wanna compare the aftermarket for our two cars? That's like comparing your car to a foxbody.

Your car is slow btw.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Oh, by the way, here's a photo of the '05 GTO>
Or is it?
Looks like any of about a dozen cars on the road!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/367965E42E204D9DA7B94FC46A4E0999.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

you would had got spanked
Old 06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

GM really dropped the ball with the GTO. The retro look works great for any redesigning a manufactuer might do to todays muscle cars, thats were their roots are. It carries the lines of its ancestors and gives you the creature comforts of todays cars. Thats one of the reasons why the 05 mustangs are so popular, especially with non-experienced mustang drivers. I for one, never owned a mustang, but have always been a fan of mucscle cars and the vintage styles they came in. Especially the mustang. Not being much of a gear-head I wouldn't buy a vintage one, because I would'nt know how to give it the proper maintenace it would need, but the minute I saw the new mustang I just had to get one, and as I speak, my order is in for an '06. But who knows, if GM gave the GTO that same vintage look, maybe I would have ordered one of them, or a Charger for that matter, but they just dont compare to the look of the new stang. And thats what Ford did right, they'll always have the mustang enthusiasts, but what they added is a customer base being guys like me who said "WOW" when they first saw the new mustang. You dont say that when you first see the GTO.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:30 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

And your car looks like a wedge ! Maybe you can replace it with next years model.OPPS I forgot they don't make them any more looks like you will have to settle for advance auto add ons.

My car looks like a wedge b/c it's built to go fast....which cuts through the air better, a box (your car) or a wedge (my car)?

Advance? Wanna compare the aftermarket for our two cars? That's like comparing your car to a foxbody.

Your car is slow btw.

Looks like you took it to heart .I would rather drive my slow GT than a ugly fast wedge that's out dated.Oh I'm not the one who came on a 05 site downing the 05 seems to me you where the one looking for an argument.We can't help it GM can't produce nothing other than a Corvette that looks good.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

Your car is slow btw.

Looks like you took it to heart I would rather drive my slow GT than a ugly fast wedge thats out dated.Oh i'm not the one who came on a 05 site downing the 05 seems to me you where the one looking for an argument.We can't help it GM can't produce nothing other than a Corvette that looks good.

his car is fast ....when it has a transmission [sm=smiley4.gif]
Old 06-17-2005, 11:55 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I just spent all day test driving the GTOs at a GM event. Althoguh I love the 05 Mustang, I hate to admit that there is no denying the GTO is a much better built car. It puts out 400 HP with 400 ftlbs of torque. The recaro seats put the Mustang's to shame and the trim and fit on the interior is perfect. There is leather everywhere (not just vinyl with leather seating surfaces). The engine compartment has a strut brace, the hood has struts, the engine has a very nice cowel cover and the brake callipers are painted. Even the hood comes with functional hood scoops. The only option available on the GTO is the color. Many of the mods we talk about doing to our cars are done for them by the factory. And to rub more salt in the wounds, with the factory incentives the GTO is much cheaper then the Mustang .

On the bright side, our cars still look much better and we have a convertible available.

In summary, if you're car is stock and you run into an 05 GTO, think twice about challenging it to a run. Just smile and feel confident in the fact that your car is still more desirable.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:30 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

But isn't it still heavier and slower?
Old 06-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

I got to run one last weekend and i Stomped the SH[/u]IT outa it. He was all like fu[/u]ck man what the he[/u]ll do you have in there! I was like a new exhaust! lol