Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Approved Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Show her this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk

Then buy an M3 :-D lol Actually that video proves that more power and better handling is more fuel efficient :-) Better suspension allows you to maintain speed through corners vs all that body roll and when you maintain speed you don't have to use your gas getting back up to speed. More power allows you to get up to speed with less effort therefor using less gas. When you have better flowing exhaust and better flowing intake the engine breathe better and there for is more efficient... same goes for a good set of heads and an intake manifold ;-)
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Brother, they are not dumb. They are very smart and sneaky. A "CONSULTATION NEEDED" really means, Tit for Tat. You are in the same boat as I was 2 years ago. I kissed alot of a$$ to buy the car, got her Lowenharts on "the Mercedes I bought for her. Now got her an Expedition Limited all decked out. I just bought her the S331 Saleen 23's in black powdercoat for her truck. The moral of the story here is you need to dress her and her accessories up along the way so when you need yours, it will be OK. Space them out and dont get her stuff when you want to get you stuff. This way you show yourself to be a class act and really set in a guilt feeling in her to not say NO.
I am just like that right now. I am "adding" things to my wife's car as well
Old 04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by abrush
I always laugh when I read these kind of threads as I couldn't imagine having to hide or persuade my husband to let me buy mods for the stang. If the money's there I don't even have to ask. I guess that could be due to the fact that I owned a Mustang when I met him so he was well aware of my hobby and spending well before we walked down the aisle. Good luck on the convincing!
He's probably counting his blessings on finding a girl into cars. My wife's eyes glaze the second I start talking about anything more than washing one...

I believe I sound like Mrs Brown in Charlie Brown to her whenever I start going beyond car washing...
Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by acarzt
Show her this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk

Then buy an M3 :-D lol Actually that video proves that more power and better handling is more fuel efficient :-) Better suspension allows you to maintain speed through corners vs all that body roll and when you maintain speed you don't have to use your gas getting back up to speed. More power allows you to get up to speed with less effort therefor using less gas. When you have better flowing exhaust and better flowing intake the engine breathe better and there for is more efficient... same goes for a good set of heads and an intake manifold ;-)

Looks like you didn't listen to the whole thing At the end it points out exactly what I was goin to say, it doesn't matter what you drive, it's how you drive it. The prius was running 100% while the beemer was maybe 50% so of course the Prius lost its pants in MPG... I guess you could edit the clip to where it ends just after the makes the annoucement about teh mileage difference
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Looks like you didn't listen to the whole thing At the end it points out exactly what I was goin to say, it doesn't matter what you drive, it's how you drive it. The prius was running 100% while the beemer was maybe 50% so of course the Prius lost its pants in MPG... I guess you could edit the clip to where it ends just after the makes the annoucement about teh mileage difference
I actually can't hear the clip because i'm at work. I just remember seeing it a while back and enjoyed it. But anyway, the Prius was going all out and the BMW was just cruising... still PROVING that the BMW is more efficient in those driving conditions. It's the same on the street. I'll be taking off normal from a light and then notice the little ford focus or Honda civic, or other slow car next to me going WOT trying to keep up and i'm just taking off like I normally would, not even punching it lol More power and better suspension allows you to do things at a relaxed pace that a lesser car would be strung out trying to do.

Hell I can cruise at 120mph in my GT and still get 20+mpg... i'd like to see a Prius try that :-P
Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
just tell her "it's my money, i'm the man, i bust my *** at work for it so i'm spending it however the hell i want" and let us know how that works for you. i've been wanting to use the same excuse for my girl but wanted to see how it works with other guys before i try it
thats what i do, she gets mad but then they get over it lmao. You guys are scared about buying mods I have an uncle that went to buy a 911 turbo and forgot to mention it to his wife, you guys should of seen the look on her face,till this day its been 4 years and she still doesnt know how much he paid for that car lmao!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It's not about being scared. It's about it's not just YOUR money any more when you are married. Especially if she'a contributing partner by working. People wonder why money issues are the #1 cause of divorce...cos most people don't know how to compromise, be diplomatic, or how to plan ahead. Period end of story. She's got her purse fetish I've got my car fetish, simple trade I get what I want she gets what she wants..within reason.

Sorry but if I know i've got a mortgage and my kids tuition is coming up but I want to blow $3K on mods...um..mortgage and kids will always win out. If I wanted to be selfish I would've stayed single and without kids...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

hell yeah for being young and not married, my g/f asked me why i don have any money, i told her i have car payment and insurance, i left out that i just bought a tuner, O/R X, boost gauge, and about to get a CAI next week =p
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
davidmphotosc

This has been a great thread. As for answers to my original question, looks like I just get the CAI and tuner...but the laughs I've gotten were priceless.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
cobrakiller347
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by davidmphotosc
This has been a great thread. As for answers to my original question, looks like I just get the CAI and tuner...but the laughs I've gotten were priceless.
i strongly agree this is a great thread lol