Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fullsayl
modaddict is good...
modaddict is wise...
listen to modaddict grasshopper

LOL
I don't know about wise - maybe just dumb and stubborn enough to keep dumping money and trying until I could do it...lol

I will say without hesitation, that knowing everything I know now, I would NOT attempt to build a 700+ hp daily driver on an S197...
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

I don't mean to be a dick, but all you guys act like modaddict is some sort of god, last time I checked your successful daily driver didn't even last bro. It was a daily driver for about a day than you had it broken and torn apart to build it up again. I'm not doubting you but I'm saying, back off a little bit, you make everything sound so difficult and try to make it seem like your the only one who can do this stuff and knows how to make big power. Sure, **** is going to break more frequently, but that doesn't mean he has to bullet proof the entire car right from the get go. 700hp on the street can be done for less than a $100,000 however you build your cars is up to you, but in all honesty I think you've made making big power seem like something only the rich man can do, which is totally un true
Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Stubborn??? Say it ain't so Oh Obi Wan of Go Fast!

LOL - We all have our quirks, like my obsession seeing how far I can take this block N/A before the bug MAKES me add a little giggle gas

~Matty
Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Paydirt - All joking aside, modaddict is certainly not a god. And I don't think that he was coming on too strong, but getting over 800HP at the crank from our small displacement motors and having it be "streetable" is a trick to say the least. He has done it, and had some good recommendations in his post about seeking out those who have done it before. If you have a different opinion on the requirements on achieving for 700RWHP for the OP, I think that he/she would love to hear it

~Matty

Last edited by Fullsayl; 04-08-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: huk'd on foniks werk'd for me!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14458

and thats just one I can think of off the top of my head, here in san antonio, I know plenty of people pushing 700whp out of their s197's. none of them are daily driven, but all of them are STRICTLY street cars, and rarely go to the track, so they are definentally capable of street driving.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sure, modaddict is not a god. but he is a guy that has made a crapload of power in his s197, and he also comes on these forums to offer advice and first hand knowledge of what he has done. not many people that run big power come on these forums and offer their first hand knowledge for everyone to benefit from. I personally am thankful that he does offer his knowledge to us. he is not a vendor or someone who will benefit financially from his advice as others on different forums do. he is a guy that has a fast mustang and who is nice enough to offer advice to those that listen. he knows a hell of a lot more than i do, so i will listen to what he has to say. he is also rebuilding his beast so i will stay tuned to how it turns out. and i'm sure many people in here will as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by paydirt
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14458

and thats just one I can think of off the top of my head, here in san antonio, I know plenty of people pushing 700whp out of their s197's. none of them are daily driven, but all of them are STRICTLY street cars, and rarely go to the track, so they are definentally capable of street driving.
Cool! I would say that is probably the exact type of reference that the OP is looking for. At least if it was my post, that would be the type of reference I like to see. If you have any more I am sure the OP would appreciate those as well.

Just as a side note, the whole DD vs. Streetable vs. Track thing was not in the OP, that was just modaddict relaying his own experiences (which you are entitled to disagree with ). After all variety is the spice of life, and if you don't believe that, go ahead and start a "which supercharger is best" thread sometime .
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sorry I missed the "debate".....just answer the OP and give your opinions based off experience preferably/fact based knowledge similar to what modaddict did. The reason why so many look to modaddict for his advice is because he is willing to give it based off experience and prev builds. On this forum (as many may already know and stated above) we dont have many 500-600+ stangs here and most members just want to show the mods they did to the car and the "tech threads" in this section are really loosely stated as such. Now on other forums like in the link above from paydirt they are extremely tech related and will chew you up and spit you out if you try and "act" like you know what your talking about or if your a "google" fan and just copy and paste stuff. Modaddict (chevykiller) is very popular over there too and I am sure they don't consider him a "god" either - (yes I am a member of 6 other mustang forums). I appreciate his input and many others do to and encourage him to keep doing so on this forum too. So no he is not a god but a member that like PLstang (miss you man- long story) has many real world exp's and builds based off some of the best tuners and mechanics in the country. this is JMO....now back to the OP's topic...what does he need for a 700 RWHP street car?

rant off
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

+1 a lot of people come on here with bs comments and no credibility or experience at all. Id rather trust and learn from someone whos been through 4 motors and 3 power adders than someone who had to get their CAI installed at a shop...
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 AM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

I feel that there are definitely simpler ways to build a 700hp car as "paydirt" indicated. But "modaddict" in my opinion told us how to build one the RIGHT way... rather than slapping parts together and hoping they will hold up for more than a month pushing 700hp. Obviously Modaddict knows from experience what you need to really have a reliable 700hp car.

Quick Reply: 700hp