Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

id be willing to bet that they lost one of your keys and instead of paying $175 to replace it they just went ahead and got regular keys and remotes made for your car because it was cheaper

and for the Galpin Ford comment i would hope that they have great customer service with them being the worlds largest volume ford dealer(makes me sad cause the dealer i work at is only the 6th largest lol)
Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM
roccodstang

Originally Posted by dominant1
I took delivery on my 2010 mustang GT on 7/6/09... when i got the car home i decided to look at the car closely to see if anything was out of whack. When i looked under the right side lower front valance i could see that the bottom of it was scraped as if it were rubbed up against at stationary curb. I Talked to my salesman that day, he informed me i had left a spare pair of glasses in my trade in and when i came to get them, I could show them the damage... The next day i went down to the dealer which is 50 miles from my home. The sales manager who also drove a custom 2007 stang himself, looked at the damage and informed me that sometimes when loading and unloading these cars they scrape the bottoms. I informed him that i want that fixed. He said he would order me a lower front piece to replace it , paint it kona blue and call me when it was in...i said ok. 4 days went by and i had'nt heard a thing so i decided to give a call, needless to say i was unable to reach the sales manager or my salesman after leaving messages sending emails etc... should i be concerned about this or should i just give him more time to get the part? Let me know what you think.
\

I didn't read the posts all the way until the end but thought I could shed some light. If you can only see the scrapes if u look under the car, then I would leave it! Bumpers not painted at the factory alsmost always crack, peel, and don't match. You can save yourself a lot of headache if you just ask for $ compensation and leave the stock bumper. Who the hell is gonna get on the ground and look under the car anyway?? Ask and bodyshop tech you trust and they will tell you the samething about the fascias. No matter how much flex they add to the paint, it will never be like factory!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by roccodstang
\

Who the hell is gonna get on the ground and look under the car anyway??
Its not the fact that its not visible, when you spend that much of your hard earned cash, YOU want to be the first to scratch it, wherever that scratch may be.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
When I was in LA about a month ago, I stopped at Galpin Ford. I was hnest with them and told them that I already had a car, that I was just looking cause I saw they had a Boss remake. They were extrememly friendly, let me test drive a few different cars, showed me all the colors they had. If they treated me that well I would assume they would treat a real potential buyer well also... Have you tried them??
They're the ones that sold me a Shelby GT with a broken sway bar rod! And they still owe me a refund of the alram system I decided to not have installed. And they lied to me about my trade-in's value, giving it many more miles than it really had to lower the KBB price.

Avoid them unless you like paying full price and getting ripped off. I did that with my 2005 Mustang and got good treatment, even though that Mustang was a lemon.

I'll be Internet shopping in the future.