Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rest is important!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
CorruptedDemon60
2nd Gear Member

My neighbor just had his car hit in the middle of the night by someone and they left with the same idea "just let his insurance take care of it" and left. Now my neighbor has a messed up car and no ride to work because he doesn't have the money for the deductible. So your lesson learned is that its ok to destroy someone's stuff and leave, then to be responsible for your actions. Yeah that is a great lesson in my book.

Last edited by CorruptedDemon60; 08-01-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Glad you wern't hurt. Both the car and the fence can be repaired. Call the business owner on Monday, tell him/her what happened and offer to pay for the fence repair. 2 new posts, a couple holes, some concrete.....the repair will cost less than the business owners deductible. So, if you don't pay, the business owner will.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Their insurance will cover the repairs so it wasn't some poor soul waking to a destroyed fence.
So if someone backs into your car, and thinks they should just leave, should the same line of reasoning apply? I'd imagine you'd be pissed.

Dude, that's just wrong. You damaged the fence, you should be the responsible party. It's things like this that result in the need for such things as vandalism insurance in the first place. Not to mention the fact there will be a deductible for the owner to meet. I'm not trying to be judgmental, but I really can't condone what you've done.

Hate to see the damage to your car. Maybe an bumper upgrade is in your future!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Oh c'mon! Everyone knows its OK to screw insurance companies. And we can all still bitch when they slap us with a rate increase.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

You should get a roush or GT500 front fascia now that you have an excuse.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:11 AM
ndgoalie35
2nd Gear Member

I think your next investment should be on energy drinks.

Since its obviously too late to reform your bad driving habits, it may be wise to purchase one of these:

As an owner/operator of commercial properties, it would be nice if you talk with the manager of the property and tell him what happened. That way, you guys can come up with a solution and he has something to give his boss.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Cloewe06

Default Fence Strike

We all make decisions based on what happened, where, and who. Do we all make the right decisions no, we try to do the best we can. A wrought iron fence can be WAY up there in price. But coming clean with the owner may be the way out. Heck, you may spend a Sat. using a post hole digger and be done with it.
Being from New Orleans our neighborhood is kinda of by itself and we like to have parties where adult bevs are consumed. My retired neighbor on the way home from said parties took out 7 mailboxes and left a note on each one to send him the bill.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Misbehavin
Dude, that's just wrong. You damaged the fence, you should be the responsible party. It's things like this that result in the need for such things as vandalism insurance in the first place. Not to mention the fact there will be a deductible for the owner to meet. I'm not trying to be judgmental, but I really can't condone what you've done.
Some people REALLY needed to be spanked as kids.

Tim
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I think the fact that you left the scene and aren't even going to call the business owner about shows what kind of person you are. In my opinion, you got what you deserve
Old 08-02-2009, 10:28 AM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Of course I left the scene, Was I supposed to sit there until Monday morning when they open up?

Was I supposed to call the police on myself and have them issue me a ticket, which they would have?

Call the business owner? It is a large corporation so there is no "owner" to call. I could call the corporate office but not until at least Monday.

Thanks for making me laugh though. I got what I deserved huh?

For the idiot NDgoalie,who commented on my bad driving habits

I was going on no sleep because I had just made a 15 hr drive getting my daughter set up at college, along with trying to handle my business at home, I simply spread myself to thin. Life is like that sometimes. Perhaps you should buy a clue before you make an ignorant comment like that.

I had already been thinking about how I should handle the fence because I did feel bad but really can't afford the added expense right now. Whether I end up taking care of it or not remains to be seen.

Nice to see I managed to stir up a hornets nest of perfect people who have never made a mistake or a bad judgement.

Quick Reply: Rest is important!