Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have given up on Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I think you will be real happy with brenspeed, I had my tuner in a week! I love my tunes!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 AM
fast64ranchero
1st Gear Member

Brenspeed has been great to deal with, I have been working with More Power Tuning on my 2010 tunes, and I must say the new 93 octane tune I installed yesterday is GREAT! it is eaier to drive then the stock tune with what feels like great power, I'll have it back on the dyno this week to data log it and check it against stock, and I have not had any trouble with waiting times, new tunes within a couple days... when I get the stock tunes dialed in with MPT, I'll be buying a C&L Racer intake from Brenspeed, and getting a custom tune from Brenspeed for the intake, long tubes and exhaust, I also have a set of heads at a porters getting the treatment, so heads and cams after the that,
Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I'm considering the brenspeed tune can anyone tell me hows its done? is it strictly plug and play while the car is running? is there risk of ecu damage? is it a simple matter of plugging it in and make your choices......then driving off?

Last edited by dominant1; 09-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
I'm considering the brenspeed tune can anyone tell me hows its done? is it strictly plug and play while the car is running? is there risk of ecu damage? is it a simple matter of plugging it in and make your choices......then driving off?
The tuner plugs into the OBD port that is under the driver's side dash. You start with the car off, plug the tuner in, and follow its instructions. You don't actually fire up the engine until the tune is complete. It asks to turn the ignition to the "on" position, which is the position where all your accessories and lights come on, but one notch before actually starting the car.

As far as risk of ECU damage, I'd say yeah, any time you flash a piece of hardware like that, you run the risk of something going wrong and turning the car into a paperweight. I haven't heard of this happening too often, but its possible. If you go with something like an SCT device and a tune from Brenspeed, I'd say your risk is pretty low of this happening. I only ever reflash mine in the garage at home however, just in case...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blair
I called on Monday Sept 14 and he answered the first time. I placed an order over the phone and received the tunes 2 days later.
You guys said paypal gives you 45 days to dispute it? CRAP I have gotten really busy with work and lost track of the time. I ordered from Bama on 7/29 which has been close to 55 days. I have called and sent multiple emails with no response. I don't mean to take it out on you guys, but I think it is a total load of [I]stuff[I] that you can call and get it ahead of everyone that ordered before you. Of course it isn't your fault, I just think that is crappy of a buisness to conduct themselves that way.

I guess I will be lighting up his phone line till he answers. I'm glad to hear that they are still sending products out though, and not closed or something.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joshspony
You guys said paypal gives you 45 days to dispute it? CRAP I have gotten really busy with work and lost track of the time. I ordered from Bama on 7/29 which has been close to 55 days. I have called and sent multiple emails with no response. I don't mean to take it out on you guys, but I think it is a total load of [I]stuff[I] that you can call and get it ahead of everyone that ordered before you. Of course it isn't your fault, I just think that is crappy of a buisness to conduct themselves that way.

I guess I will be lighting up his phone line till he answers. I'm glad to hear that they are still sending products out though, and not closed or something.
I would attempt to dispute the charge anyways. Did you pay with your bank account or a credit card? 100% of my paypal payments are made with a credit card. I believe my CC gives 90 days or more to dispute a charge.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
kentompkins
1st Gear Member

I just gave up on ever getting my $100 back from them. PayPal sent me a message saying they could not collect. Too bad because I had it taken from my checking account. Irony is that Doug wrote me an email and said to ask for a refund from PayPal. I did. No dice.

Done with mail order tune. Pro-dyno in Fort Mill, SC is my new home.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:28 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down

this is the reason I went with tillman speed. I didn't wanna wait a month for the possibility of getting my stuff n if any problem popped up u have to hope for a quick resolution.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joshspony

Sorry Guys, I never reposted after this. I did end up getting a hold of Doug. He sounded sincere about his buisness issues and apolagized a million times to me on the phone. Even offered to drive the 1.5 hours to drop off my order personally. I told him that shipping it would be fine.

I got my order a few days after talking to him, installed it, and love it. Granted, I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy it before storing my car for the winter. But spring is almost here!

I feel for those that are in this spot with him, I have been there too. But I think even though I had to wait a few months, the tunes speak for themselves. Once you get the harware, it sounds like emailed updates are easy to get from him. I hoped he would be back on track by now!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I wonder what changed with his business? I called him personally 2 years ago, got 20 minutes of advice and info about himself, then 2 days later....had my intake and tuner. My car is 100% better with his tune vs. without it. I have the 93 octane torque tune installed right now. I have never looked back. Something must be going on in his personal life.

Quick Reply: I have given up on Bamachips