Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have given up on Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Default I have given up on Bamachips

Today I called Paypal and told them to stop payment on my $409 to Bamachips. It has been over a month and Doug has not responded to my emails or phone calls. I don't know this Doug guy from Adam and who knows if I will ever get my tuner. Besides not being able to get the tuner while the weather is still nice here in NY, my money is tied up and I haven't been able to order from anyone else.

To those of you who paid with Paypal, keep in mind that you have 45 days to dispute a payment with a vendor. Since I was getting close to the 45 days, I had to report them to Paypal on the chance I never get my tuner.

Paypal will contact Bamachips and will give them 10 days to supply a tracking number proving shipment of the tuner. If Bamachips does not respond by then, Paypal will refund my money.

I understand he may be having problems but that should not be MY problem. I was told 10 days when I ordered it, I gave him 35. I think I have been fair enough. At this point I would be worried that he is so rushed that he may not send an error free tune.

Joe

Last edited by jocatch; 09-22-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

No excuse for poor customer service, ever, period.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

I just called last week and was able to reach him and talk to him on the phone in 2 tries. I think you're doing the right thing though. No reason you should wait any longer than what you already have. Sorry about your luck!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Doug is a good guy, and knows his stuff. I sympathize with you however, and do agree that you can't wait forever. It sounds like BamaChips as a company has some decisions to make in terms of either limiting their order intake, or hiring more help. Give Brenspeed a try. GL.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE - I just got an email from Bamachips saying they have refunded my money. Great. Now it is off to Brenspeed...

Joe
Old 09-22-2009, 11:48 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

dang, that sucks, i hate when things don't go well.. i wouldn't have waited that long if no-one got back to me, i would been gone in less than two weeks.your good dude, they are doing for you, not vice versa
Old 09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I called on Monday Sept 14 and he answered the first time. I placed an order over the phone and received the tunes 2 days later. I had to get some revisions and I got those within 2 days of requesting them as well. I understand your frustration and I would have tried to get my money back a long time ago. But his tunes are hands down the best. I've tried Brenspeed's and they just aren't as good and had problems with them causing detonation that was never really corrected. Maybe try calling again?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that really makes me mad. Someone calls on the phone and in 2 days you get your tune and I have been waiting a month with nothing. Hmmm.

Anyway, I just called Brenspeed and ordered their tuner. I should have in 10 days. I have read people having problems with all the big tune guys so I am just going to try my luck with Brenspeed.

Joe

Originally Posted by Blair
I called on Monday Sept 14 and he answered the first time. I placed an order over the phone and received the tunes 2 days later. I had to get some revisions and I got those within 2 days of requesting them as well. I understand your frustration and I would have tried to get my money back a long time ago. But his tunes are hands down the best. I've tried Brenspeed's and they just aren't as good and had problems with them causing detonation that was never really corrected. Maybe try calling again?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
sp44
2nd Gear Member

To me Bamachips is like when you are shopping and need help at the counter. You wait for someone to come help you and then someone else comes to the counter and needs help. The sales person comes over and either helps that other person out or the person calling on the phone that just rang. Meanwhile I'm still waiting.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I think you will be real happy with brenspeed, I had my tuner in a week! I love my tunes!!!

Quick Reply: I have given up on Bamachips