Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner, First Mod.....Shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
Just want to point out that the shaker 500 is not the premium sound system as its included on a GT premium which gets you leather, sync and a whole bunch of other options. The shaker 1000 is the premium system.
Isn't the shaker 1000 the same as the shaker 500 with tthe only difference being the extra two subs and amps in the trunk.
IMO it sounded mildly better only because it had the sub bass in the rear.
I wouldn't call it a premium sound system though.

The shakers systems are basically a stock system with subs...nothing really special.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
Isn't the shaker 1000 the same as the shaker 500 with tthe only difference being the extra two subs and amps in the trunk.
IMO it sounded mildly better only because it had the sub bass in the rear.
I wouldn't call it a premium sound system though.

The shakers systems are basically a stock system with subs...nothing really special.

While I wouldnt call it that either. the OP is saying he payed alot of money for his shaker 500 system when its standard on any mustang with leather interior. Really the best stock sound system I have heard is the stock bose system in a porshe 911. All the car companys say they have premium sound. The bose in my truck is exactly as yall are describing abou the shakker system.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Charger1213

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
While I wouldnt call it that either. the OP is saying he payed alot of money for his shaker 500 system when its standard on any mustang with leather interior. Really the best stock sound system I have heard is the stock bose system in a porshe 911. All the car companys say they have premium sound. The bose in my truck is exactly as yall are describing abou the shakker system.
Shaker 500 system isn't the entry level stock system. And the Shaker 1000 over the 500 would hardly make much difference. With the sync system in there and having 6 discs....You'd think they could put up at least a marginal effort with the speakers. This is the kind of stuff you bought from radio shack 30 years ago.

By the way...as the saying goes since the 70's or so....

"No Highs...No Lows....must be Bose"!!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Charger1213
Shaker 500 system isn't the entry level stock system. And the Shaker 1000 over the 500 would hardly make much difference. With the sync system in there and having 6 discs....You'd think they could put up at least a marginal effort with the speakers. This is the kind of stuff you bought from radio shack 30 years ago.

By the way...as the saying goes since the 70's or so....

"No Highs...No Lows....must be Bose"!!!!!

No its not. But its also standard. You dont pay lots of cash for the radio. Also go look at any stock or "premium" radio from dodge, ford, toyota, gm, honda, etc. 99% of them are paper. Except the kicker system in the charger and challenger. But you have to get the SRT8 (40K plus) to compete with that.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
07VistaChicago
2nd Gear Member

Interesting, I was at Best buy the other day and they only listed the two 6x8 positions, and not the subs replacements...
Old 10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Charger1213
How is that going to be adapted to the car? Is there an aftermarket kit for this already? I would love to upgrade to an AVIC pioneer system, or a similar Alpine.
I'd like to see an adapter for the pioneers also. Anyone have any pictures.
Is the centre stack panel for the Ford GPS system available and would it work with double DIN radios?

Cheers.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:44 PM
tenwatt

Default infinity

I just had my door speakers replaced with a set of Infinity 6822CF's. I had it done at BestBuy. Speakers and install came to just under $200. I asked about having the deck and subs replaced but the consensus was that the door speakers were going to get the best bang for the buck.

The improvement is pretty dramatic with the range now present in the mid's and highs. I'm working on getting the right bass setting though. I may want to look into replacing the subs some more.

I'm coming from the Monsoon system that's installed in the Solstice GXP. it's more of a component system with tweeters in the a pillar and a sub behind your back. all that with the small cabin made it a pretty awesome system.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I really wish someone would do a DIY and post photos of speaker replacement. I've completely replaced all the audio in several different cars but none of them were brand new vehicles.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
badsneakers

Originally Posted by AJ_68
I really wish someone would do a DIY and post photos of speaker replacement. I've completely replaced all the audio in several different cars but none of them were brand new vehicles.

Here ya go AJ,

http://www.jauws.com/jauws/index.php...msg2;topicseen

Let us know how the install goes!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

That was a good write up for the front doors.
I have had mine off and those two panels had me lost for a minute.

I'm pricing new speakers for the doors, rear deck, a sub and amp for the trunk. When I get them I'll try to take some pics of the rear deck install.

Quick Reply: New Owner, First Mod.....Shaker 500