Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Bullitt . . thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
OVERPRICED!!!!

Just wanted to draw your attention to that, as far as ford goes, the Bullitts are now thrown in the same bucket as a GT as far as rebates go. That one is currently at 27k..... You can probably get a new 09 now at that price. You might have to drive a few miles to pick it up but seriously. I couldnt see what rebates they had this week, but if there not good, give it another week or two and they do a big round of rebates again. That guy probably bought it brand new, got no rebates, maybe payed a dealer markup on speacialty car, and is now trying to sell it for what he owes. Dont fall into that trap!
That could definitely be an option. I'll probably be looking to buy around February 2010, so if any dealerships still have new 09's with the options I want, it might be a great deal.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Steve68Cougar

I got my car at just about the height of the rebates on '08's. Between my Sam's Club discount (2% over invoice) and the $5500 cash back, mine came in at under $25k. Mine only had 2 options, so it was about as cheap as you could get. Finding a new '09 in February may be pretty difficult. They only made somewhere around 1000 of them in '09(of the <7000 total), so there aren't that many around to begin with. If you do happen to see one between now and then, don't wait! Unless you're stuck on having Highland Green, it'll be a lot easier to find a '10 equipped the way you want assuming you're sticking with new. Bottom line - can't go wrong with either one!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:06 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve68Cougar
I got my car at just about the height of the rebates on '08's. Between my Sam's Club discount (2% over invoice) and the $5500 cash back, mine came in at under $25k. Mine only had 2 options, so it was about as cheap as you could get. Finding a new '09 in February may be pretty difficult. They only made somewhere around 1000 of them in '09(of the <7000 total), so there aren't that many around to begin with. If you do happen to see one between now and then, don't wait! Unless you're stuck on having Highland Green, it'll be a lot easier to find a '10 equipped the way you want assuming you're sticking with new. Bottom line - can't go wrong with either one!
Im not set on new by any means. Honestly, if I could afford a new Mustang optioned the way I want, I'd probably just pick up a new Camaro instead.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:58 AM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Im not set on new by any means. Honestly, if I could afford a new Mustang optioned the way I want, I'd probably just pick up a new Camaro instead.
I say get a Prius for now, and pick up a used Camaro in a couple of years, when they're cheap... No really, the Camaro looks interesting too. I like 'em

The Bullitt is a different animal though. Think "wolf in sheep's clothing". A nice sleeper-cruiser that's great for long trips, handles well and looks classy, but American and familiar.
It's got power to play - when you want to.
When the guy in the tarted-up V6 with the duals and KR body kit flies by, you can show him that you're not another V6 guy with duals...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldlugs
I say get a Prius for now, and pick up a used Camaro in a couple of years, when they're cheap... No really, the Camaro looks interesting too. I like 'em

The Bullitt is a different animal though. Think "wolf in sheep's clothing". A nice sleeper-cruiser that's great for long trips, handles well and looks classy, but American and familiar.
It's got power to play - when you want to.
When the guy in the tarted-up V6 with the duals and KR body kit flies by, you can show him that you're not another V6 guy with duals...
Haha that sounds fun. Im gonna have to pass on the Prius. Like I said I'm not in a rush to get a new car and I have plenty of fun with the M3 to hold me over for now hehe.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:49 PM
pwd72s

'09 Green #6380 here. Bought new. Agreed...it's a taste thing. A local GT owner said I "needed" stripes and a rear spoiler. Obviously, he didn't get it...that I didn't want fog lights, stripes, rear spoiler, emblems, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with those things, if it's what somebody wants...yes, a taste thing. I always preferred a Q ship look...clean car, solid color, let 'em guess what's under the hood.

So far, I'm just enjoying the car in stock trim...but have to admit, some performance add ons sound good. Edelbrock supercharger that stays hidden under the stock hood, even allowing retention of the Bullitt strut brace is one.
Another, spring & shocks, bigger bars? Mustang guys seem to prefer yellow Konis, but I also notice that Bilstein has a coils/shocks package. Anybody here tried those? The Porsche set seems to prefer Bilstein over Koni these days.

Also, if I up the go with a supercharger, figure I should up the whoa with bigger brakes, widened wheels, more rubber.

Once you start down the slippery slope of mods, it never ends, does it?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pwd72s

Once you start down the slippery slope of mods, it never ends, does it?
My first vehicle started as a regular 66 GMC pickup. By the time I was done it was lowered, better brakes, a Corvette fuel injected engine, totally redone interior, etc.

So yes, one things def leads to another.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
...So yes, one things def leads to another.
Which is why I'm shopping for an '09 KR right now... I can cruise the Bullitt under the radar, but when I want to hear the blower and big 5.4L 32 valve symphony, I'll take out the KR.
They seem to be priced a little better these days, and probably about a dozen of 'em at local dealers...
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 PM
kegboss1

Originally Posted by MR_Q
I cant ever recall seeing a factory production muscle car prior to the T/A that had the engine turned dash. I also didnt think that the dash was aluminum in a bullitt? It certainly looked/felt plastic to me... But you have one so you would know better, lol. I just thought it looked cheap. But I think that about the whole interior on the s197s. Its the weakest link of the car. I'm not very knowledgeable on the 50's era hot rods either. I didn't think it screamed "old school Mustang". I saw it and instantly thought "T/A", not "Vintage 50's hotrod". It seemed too "flash" for the understated look of the car. Just my opinion
Seem really jealous of not owning a BULLITT !!!!