Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

delete kit help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangMan001
no problem. Glad to help. Post up those pics when she's done.
I just wanted to know if you could answer Stang-aholic's questions? they were pretty good questions that i didn't think of.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i recommend you buying the shelby grille and shelby grille housing for this mod. I had the cdc grille and switched to the shelby setup. The stock fogs wedge in the shelby grille housing perfect. I also tinted my fogs. I was one of the first people to do it and got loads of compliments.

www.shelbyperformanceparts.com
Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 PM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
i recommend you buying the shelby grille and shelby grille housing for this mod. I had the cdc grille and switched to the shelby setup. The stock fogs wedge in the shelby grille housing perfect. I also tinted my fogs. I was one of the first people to do it and got loads of compliments.

your talking about this grille?
http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.co...20Housing.aspx
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

I'll try and answer the questions to the best of my abilities...
I first had the horn below in the bumper area. I didn't like it there as you could hardly hear it. So I relocated it up higher. I can't really tell the difference in airflow. All I know there is still way more open area than the stock grill.
I just went and took off my shield and looked at the fogs. The back of them are about 1/4 inch away from the radiator & the front has room also...no pinching of the harness whatsoever.
All I know is that you need to take your time installing these behind the grill, there is room between the grill and the radiator for the fogs.
I just measured the billet grill. The width is 3/4' for the bar and the oem part of the grill is 1 1/2 " wide, so there is room to play with.
I took some pics. 1st one is fuzzy but you can see there is room between the radiator & the back of the fogs:

drivers side between grill & fog:

passenger side:

Hope this helps. Had this set up since May and no troubles since. Had to tint the fogs, it looks better.

Rick
Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GunMetalGT08
thats the housing. you still need to buy the shelby grille to go in the housing. For both pieces total i think i paid around $220
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

I first had the horn below in the bumper area. I didn't like it there as you could hardly hear it. So I relocated it up higher. I can't really tell the difference in airflow. All I know there is still way more open area than the stock grill.
I just went and took off my shield and looked at the fogs. The back of them are about 1/4 inch away from the radiator & the front has room also...no pinching of the harness whatsoever.
All I know is that you need to take your time installing these behind the grill, there is room between the grill and the radiator for the fogs.
I just measured the billet grill. The width is 3/4' for the bar and the oem part of the grill is 1 1/2 " wide, so there is room to play with.
I took some pics. 1st one is fuzzy but you can see there is room between the radiator & the back of the fogs:

Rick
Thanks i appreciate the pics really cool of you!!! All the info helped too.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

thats the housing. you still need to buy the shelby grille to go in the housing. For both pieces total i think i paid around $220
Awesome thanks ill will be looking at this setup too.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:06 AM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

drivers side between grill & fog:
Rick

What percentage did yall use for the fog lights? i will be tinting them this weekend.
Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i am not sure what i ended up with. Probably around 20%
Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 AM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

You're welcome...honestly I'm not sure what % they turned out. I scuffed them up, then sprayed a couple of coats of spray tint on them.