Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying my first Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Buying my first Stang!

ORIGINAL: wkeith1986

I have the Shaker 1000...I actually bought my car used (long story but only 6k on it). The guy had payed for the Shaker when he got it so I didn't have much of a choice. I really really like it, its the best stock system I have heard including the bose systems and whatnot. That being said however, for the price it will cost you to upgrade you could put in a far better aftermarket system. Perhaps even Nav if you spend you money wisely. Congrats on joining the club, I know once you get it you'll love it. Have you had a chance to drive one yet?
I found my car on the dealer lot with 500 miles and it had the shaker 1000.

For the price and no need to have it gutted the day you buy it I found it fairly impressive compared to the $1200 upgrade options on my previous vehicles with BOSE systems. I commented to my wife that if I had any forming kidney stones they were shattered when I turned up the sound to half way on a particular exciting song by Nine Inch Nails.

Seems decent for the car. I'm sure there are cooler ones out there but this worked for now.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

if I had any forming kidney stones they were shattered when I turned up the sound to half way on a particular exciting song by Nine Inch Nails.
LOL, NIN would do it.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:20 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

The bad thing about buying in Canada is that you can't take it to the states for about 6 months. A Canadian dealer told me that months ago. It seems to only apply to new cars and not used.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

Hmm, never knew about that myself, is that kind of like when you get major repairs done in the US while on vacation, you're "supposed" to let customs know when you cross the border?

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

The bad thing about buying in Canada is that you can't take it to the states for about 6 months. A Canadian dealer told me that months ago. It seems to only apply to new cars and not used.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FemmeCanuck

Hmm, never knew about that myself, is that kind of like when you get major repairs done in the US while on vacation, you're "supposed" to let customs know when you cross the border?

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

Don't know about that one.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Hello Guys

OK great news, got my Mustang, What happened was I rang my local dealer who I bought a F150 from before and told him the spec I want and he said he has one on another lot, I said great save it for me and I will stick a cash deposit down on it till I could get the money to you mid August (I am from the UK so things take a little longer to get to Florida) , he said he couldn't save it as they are such a popular car, I said fine I will get the money to you.

Anyway 4 days later I ring him up to see if he still has it and I tell him I have the money, he looks on the inventory and says ok got it BUT its on its way down from Ford, what happened was a previous customer ordered it and then changed his mind and bought another car instead.

So in one month I will have my 2005 GT in Mineral Grey, Automatic, Red Interior with IUP After seeing Nick's MG I had to have one, I expect if this hadn't come about I would have missed out due to the 06's not being made in MG so I feel pretty damn good at the moment

I am considering a couple of dealer upgrades to my GT, the Keyless Entry keypad and the Remote Start System. Does anyone know much about these? I really like the idea of the Remote Start.

Thanks

Stuart