Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Horse Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Let me know if you contact SHR about tinting the louvers. I'm interested in what they have to say.
UPDATE: I just got off the phone w/ Silver Horse Racing and I talked w/ them about tinting the louvers and here is their comments. They already have some tinting effect to them. Install them and see what they look like (from the outside they will look pretty dark) but from the inside you can see pretty good out, but if still not dark enough you can tint but they recommend using the spray tint, like used on RC cars. The film tint would be hard to do because of no sharp edges or corners, wouldn't be a very clean looking job.
Also was asked about who was doing the install and they said they have an updated install on their site that shows how to do the install from the outside of the car. Cuts time from 3 hrs inside to 1 hr outside. Also be sure to use the Adhesion Promoter / One-Step Primer (this is a must), make sure whoever is doing that they know that.
Here is a link to the inside install:
http://www.mustangandfords.com/techa.../photo_01.html
Here is the one from SHR site for the outside install:
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ins...0-%20short.pdf
And while I had them on the phone I went ahead and ordered the WindveilBlue Flush Louvers, a Christmas gift to myself
Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LegendLives
UPDATE: I just got off the phone w/ Silver Horse Racing and I talked w/ them about tinting the louvers and here is their comments. They already have some tinting effect to them. Install them and see what they look like (from the outside they will look pretty dark) but from the inside you can see pretty good out, but if still not dark enough you can tint but they recommend using the spray tint, like used on RC cars. The film tint would be hard to do because of no sharp edges or corners, wouldn't be a very clean looking job.
Also was asked about who was doing the install and they said they have an updated install on their site that shows how to do the install from the outside of the car. Cuts time from 3 hrs inside to 1 hr outside. Also be sure to use the Adhesion Promoter / One-Step Primer (this is a must), make sure whoever is doing that they know that.
Here is a link to the inside install:
http://www.mustangandfords.com/techa.../photo_01.html
Here is the one from SHR site for the outside install:
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ins...0-%20short.pdf
And while I had them on the phone I went ahead and ordered the WindveilBlue Flush Louvers, a Christmas gift to myself
Great information LegendLives! I'll have to check out their update on the glass removal from the outside and show it to the glass shops. Maybe then, they won't charge so darn much.
Yeah, I love the Christmas gifts to myself too.....I just got the WebElectric Sequentials for my taillights.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Will get local prices for install and if they are what I feel is too high priced I might just buy the install kit and do myself. I've done worse things to my car, i.e. drilling 7 holes in the hood for the Roush scoop and drilling 2 extra holes in the trunk lid for the spoiler.
Yeah I love presents to myself, I get what I want

Edit; Now i will have 1pr of 3D Carbon Scoops for sale, just need to take off of car. Anyone interested just PM me. I will work on getting pics. I did a search on painted 3D Carbon windows scoops and e-bay had lowest price @ $229, so I think I would sell mine for $120 w/free shipping.

Last edited by LegendLives; 11-30-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

bump.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
They come with a 30% tint embedded in the composite. Great visibility but dark from a distance.
Well that's cool........

......but if i buy them, I will want them darker!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Few pics..before, during and after!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Va. Stang

You guys make it look so easy! I guess I could do it as my last resort.
Where in VA are you?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

I'm near Fredericksburg, Bring em up with some beer.. used during breaks....we'll get em done no problem! There really wasn't much too it to tell the truth. Just put plenty of tape between the window and body before sawing out the glue. I messed around with it for about half a day from start to finish.Took several breaks too while doing it. I didn't want to get in a rush and scratch something.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm near Fredericksburg, Bring em up with some beer.. used during breaks....we'll get em done no problem! There really wasn't much too it to tell the truth. Just put plenty of tape between the window and body before sawing out the glue. I messed around with it for about half a day from start to finish.Took several breaks too while doing it. I didn't want to get in a rush and scratch something.
Cool, you'll be able to help her out.
Don't you all be drinking the beer before the job now...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Wow!!! I even get to see a WV Blue one to boot. Thanks for the pics, really looks nice.
The more Ive been thinking about it the more I think I am just going to do myself. I'll just take my time w/ it, take breaks and the nice thing is, it can sit in my own damn garage. I dont have to worry about some pin head messin my car up. Thats the trouble w/ being so particular

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Racing...