Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wipeout!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I don't think that the snow hurt your car at all.
Sitting in the FL sun and heat all day and all year around will ruin it in 3/4 years.
That is true! I was born in FL ... I wouldn't live there again

Getting snow and ice off the car can hurt the paint but that's not the big thing ... the big thing is the hard objects you run into because of the snow
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
thailand
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear it OP. Glad you're ok though.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 PM
loadsmasher22

Default accident

Originally Posted by squatty
That's a beautiful Saleen Loadsmasher. Luckily, there were no injuries. After having 8 Stangs over the last 21 years, my advice to everyone for winter driving is: 1. Don't drive it(obviously) 2. If you have to, put weight in the trunk(I use 3 50lb plates) which works good, and 3. Press the accelerator like you have an egg under your foot. I have had 1 minor mishap in all those years living in Jersey with my '00 GT, which fortunately only resulted in a damaged rim. These cars are like skates, and technology over the years has made them better. The Fox Body Stangs were a nightmare in anything other than dry weather. Good luck with the repairs. Scott.
Yeah Squatty, I don't think I'll be taking the Saleen out unless it is over 40 degrees outside with no rain forecasted. I shouldn't have been driving the Saleen but it was a Friday and I haven't driven her all week. I wanted to take her to the car wash after work to clean her up for the weekend. I'd like to think I'm a good driver since I haven't had an accident in 9 years up until then. I would like to say them damn Pirelli tires suck ballz. I'm not buying pirelli tires again.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

the car looks OK- should be 'easy work' for most shops...glad you or noone else was hurt...

last winter a guy at work had a sad run in similar to yours with black ice...went across the median in his 90 GMC pickup, very ironically hit a 89 GMC head-on, killing the guy in the 89 (90 was first year for airbags).

Super nice guy, just driving to work- tiny bit of frozen water changed his life/took another...black ice is a bad deal, could happen to anyone...wether expecting the possibility or not, once you hit it, theres not much you can do but hold on - and pray.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
That sucks donkey *****! I can't imagine having to SHOVEL a path to the main street!

Welp, I'm in for at least a foot of snow tomorrow. Yeehaw. And no, teaching isn't as "cushy" as it sounds with all those days off--NO snow days are allowed for my district and many surrounding suburbs...superintendents here are paid bonuses for keeping schools open in "inclimate weather". I'll be looking forward to several more 90-minute commutes this season.

Aziraphale---your grille is awesome! Where'd you find it?
Gee Girl, how you manage to get around with your mustang in the snow is beyond me. Just the sheer *thought* of it makes me want to scream and run away in terror, even if the thought of having winter tires on!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by loadsmasher22
I would like to say them damn Pirelli tires suck ballz. I'm not buying pirelli tires again.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Its one of those things where you just kick your self after Took me weeks after just to come to terms with it.

+1 on the Pirelli's. I never want to see another Pirelli tire, ever.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aziraphale
Yea, they're saying 10-20" of snow Tuesday and I work in Herndon VA ... I'll probably have to just call out another day because if I make it there, it won't be for long before I have to drive back again. I can honestly say I was worried about a plow not seeing my baby and just taking it out. I partially uncovered it Saturday to make sure that wouldn't happen.

I just read the other thread you had with the body shop and wow ... they're really bad. I can tell you my bumper does not look like that! I hope it works out and I'd definitely start bustin some heads.

Oh yea, and if you need some local busting heads muscle, let me know. You just might have to wait till I can actually DRIVE again :-P Damn snow. I love it but ever since I sold my jeep, it has been hard to get around in it!
LOL, good thing you lifted up your wipers or you wouldn't know where your car was! Makes great markers!

I hear ya about the snow. Seems wasteful to drive the dangerous roads, work a few hours and repeat. I actually made it in to work.. but my mom backed into a snow bank coming out of the driveway.. Spent a good bit waking up in the freezing cold while shoveling. Joy.

Hehe, thanks for the offer

Last edited by alkemist; 02-09-2010 at 06:52 AM.