Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed... My thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear the constant great feedback for the folks at Brenspeed.

When I am ready to supercharge in a year or two, they are at the top of my list!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Do you have an auto or manual?

If you have an auto, don't be surprised if you get a flashing O/D light in traffic, LOL! This is a common thing it turns out and not everyone knows what the issue is. I'm working with Brenspeed on getting this resolved which turns out it's in the tune for the trans that has something to do with a failsafe something or other and the loping makes the trans think something is wrong. So some value/s needs to be raised. What value I have no idea. Oddly enough, my first tune from them has been ok so far, but my updated one is giving the flashing O/D. :/

Wes @ TPS knows about the issue and how to fix it. Supposedly Doug @ Bama does too, but somehow his tune still did it. :/ http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20406

Other than the O/D flashing issue (which causes screwed up shifting) my Brenspeed tunes have been awesome and I always have and continue to recommend them to everyone. I have bought most of my stuff from them too.
I've heard of this in othe

Last edited by rly_stupid; 12-10-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
I've heard of this in othe

Please continue....LOL!

I think rly_stupid needs this shirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app.../generic/8bad/

Old 12-11-2009, 05:48 AM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

LOL! oops, t-shirt has been ordered!

I was interupted, anywho, I've heard of this happening to other cars that got new cams or any valve train work. cause is some sensor that says if ur knocking/pinging and that you should move it lower somehow...don't take my word though!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Brenspeed top notch. Plan your next install when its warm out.The fishing around there is great!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by str8wick3d
Words can't describe how thankful I am to have found this shop, I made a purchase of FRPP cams, Steeda Lowering springs, JLT cai/tune, xpipe, 4.10 gears, stripes, and a spark plug change, and drove to IN for the install. The weather was bad, so they let me come up 2 days early and stay in the guest house all week for free. This guest house is amazing, So warm and cozy, I felt right at home. It even has a garage. What other shop would do that free of cost? The people at brenspeed are very nice people to, answered any questions I had, and kept me up to date on my cars progress every step of the way. They even drove to the guest house to pick it up. Not to mention certain discounts I got. I wouldn't have been able to do any of this to my car without these guys. I recommend brenspeed to anyone, they made this a vacation for me. I hope I can visit them again in the future for a supercharger.

Gonna post videos and pictures when I get back to south carolina and away from this crazy cold weather!
Glad to hear your expirence was great and the trip turned into a vacation, give us a call any time when you have questions.