Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 rust on rear end???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:28 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Well, I wish you the best but I doubt anything will happen. If you think that's bad I felt just as bad if not worse when I bought my wife's new Rav4 last year. We went and bought her car May 17, 2008. I got the best deal I could and was happy UNTIL on June 1st 2008 (13 days after my purchase) they decided to give a $1000 cash back on all new Rav4's. WOW was I pissed. Specially since when I was negotiating the dealers all told me that there wasn't any room to negotiate on Rav4s because they come from Japan and are very popular.

So me being the way I am I called the dealer and they couldn't do anything for me. So they told me to call Toyota. I called and got shifted around to a few different people and it took a little bit of effort (amazing what you'll do when you are steaming mad)(I hate making mistakes). So finally I got Toyota to agree to give me $250 credit to be used on parts or services at my local Toyota dealer. So I went shopping. I got the wife every last doodad she wanted to spoof up her car and I got a couple of years supply of oil & air filters for the Rav. So a little effort can go a long way. Yes, I know I didn't get the $1K, but the way they were putting it was "We really dont have to give you anything at all." I also softened them up by telling them how much I loved the Rav and I was planning on buying a new Camry in 09. I almost did until I decided I wanted a more fun car and got the Mustang instead. Got a much more fun car and for a better price. I doubt Ford will be as customer service oriented as Toyota was. I was surprised I got anything at all, but I know I would have hated myself if I hadn't at least tried.
Don't you have like 30 days to return a car if you don't want it....providing you didn't put a lot of miles on it? After 13 days I would think you could have taken it back and asked for your money back, then turn around and buy another with that $1K incentive.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang2007
I just bought a 2010 Mustang Gt and put different exhaust on it and the whole rear end has rust on it? I went back to Ford and he said all mustang are like that. Does anyone has rust on their rear end? I just can't imagine Ford would ship them with bare iron and no paint what so ever.
I felt the same way just a few months after I bought my car. I had it up on a lift having duals put on when I saw it. The guys on here informed me it was normal. They said on ships containers have surface rust to protect the metal and the contents inside.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:09 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

A friend of mine said that too...rust is a natural protection. Always pi$$ed me off...lol... mine's rusty too, another reason I almost did a 8.8 takeoff, but then i'd have to finish it before install.. maybe I'll refin if I put in springs.. worse part is u can notice it a lot on the shock mounts
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Don't you have like 30 days to return a car if you don't want it....providing you didn't put a lot of miles on it? After 13 days I would think you could have taken it back and asked for your money back, then turn around and buy another with that $1K incentive.
No I don't think so. If I recall correctly one of the papers I have to sign here in Cali. if that "You are aware that there is no 3 day right of recession on a new car purchase...." I think they can rescind a used car purchase in 3 days, but that doesn't apply to new cars. Every state is different, but here I think once you bought it, you BOUGHT it.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Don't you have like 30 days to return a car if you don't want it....providing you didn't put a lot of miles on it? ...

Not sure 'bout your state, as car sales seem to have very specific state laws attached to them, but in California -- sales contracts have a bold disclaimer on them stating (caps intended):

"THERE IS NO COOLING OFF PERIOD UNLESS YOU OBTAIN A CONTRACT CANCELLATION OPTION"

Plus the showroom floors have this on a placard prominently displayed for all buyers to see.

I have no clue how much this 'contract cancellation option' sets you back.

Then again, a compassionate dealer may give you a break; but you'd likely be bound by some terms of buying something else from them, or having them buy it back as a used, and [now relatively significant] depreciated valued vehicle.

And once it has been bought and registered, by law it can't be sold as new again. This is true for all states, I'd imagine?

I'm sure many folks have seen the recent GM commercials stating you can return a vehicle within 60 days if you're not completely satisfied. Don't know about the fine print though -- and if it applies to all vehicles. I wonder how much dough GM is eating by offering up this incentive.

Last edited by 7up; 12-28-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Chronos answered the question as I was typing ... so duplicate info. Thx Chronos.