Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ratings on steeda cai/tuner combo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by m5miler
alright cool, this is exactly what i've been wanting to hear. does the tune void the warranty at all? just curious.
It will if you let the dealer make you THINK it will.

There's a sticky that discusses this in detail but the bottom line is that the dealer can only deny warranty work if the aftermarket part caused the failure that you've brought it in for. Many dealers will pull that crap as intimidation. Only those with their skirts and panties on will let the dealer get away with that. I've had my car in for warranty work, never bothered to return to stock and never had it mentioned other than "sweet looking intake".

EDIT: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-warranty.html

Last edited by Nuke; 01-02-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I hear that JLT should be the cai to buy with the tune, but then I saw steeda's cai. It was more expensive then the other cai's .
Dont let price be a factor. For some reason, the POS Airaid I took off my car is more expensive than the steeda at AM. Figure that one out.

I just replaced it with the steeda and x3 with brenspeed tunes. I still have not stopped grinning. I love the set up.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 AM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
Dont let price be a factor. For some reason, the POS Airaid I took off my car is more expensive than the steeda at AM. Figure that one out.

I just replaced it with the steeda and x3 with brenspeed tunes. I still have not stopped grinning. I love the set up.
awesome! this info helps out alot. i really want to get this cai/tuner combo now! now if you were to change the tune back to the stock tune, would that effect the way the cai worked? i remember seeing on american muscle that the steeda requires the tune. so i wasn't sure if it needed to be running on the tune full time. it honestly doesn't matter to be because all i want is more power haha
Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 AM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

awesome!! yeah i've heard of a few complaints like you said with the inlet tube, i've also heard that they sometimes run a little lean or something? i think the steeda cai would be the best one for me. how does the throttle response feel compared to stock?
Throttle response has improved excessively. When I had to go to the stealership to get some simple warranty work done, I returned the car back to stock and it seemed as if I couldn't drive the car because the throttle response stock from with the intake/tune was so drastically different.

I have had no complaints with my Steeda intake and I am very happy satisfied.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

...now if you were to change the tune back to the stock tune, would that effect the way the cai worked? i remember seeing on american muscle that the steeda requires the tune. so i wasn't sure if it needed to be running on the tune full time. it honestly doesn't matter to be because all i want is more power haha
If you reflash the tune to stock and keep ANY tune-required CAI on, you'll throw a code for running lean. Even some of the non-tune-required CAI's will throw a code. No need to return to stock unless you sell the car. And don't let anyone try to convince you that you need to return to stock if you go back to the dealership.