Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a cluster... gotta vent..

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What a cluster... gotta vent..

I hate those trucks. I work across from a land fill and trucks are going in and out of that place all day long. They leave crap all over the roads and alot of dust in the air. They take a water truck and spray down the road just before lunch and just before people leave work. Then you have to drive through that crap to go home. I am glad it has been as hot as it has been because the road is dry by the time I leave work.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:43 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

I got behind one a bit that the back gate wasn't locked at all, every bump about 50lbs of dirt blasted onto the ground throwing crap everywhere, traffic was such I couldnt' get in front of him and signal him to pull over so I just called the HP and gave them the plate number.

I spent $755 to replace a windshield on a A4 thanks to one of those damn things. I love how they put 'stay back 200ft not responsible for damages' on the back. Secure your load if you're going to be on the highway
Old 07-25-2005, 02:07 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

It's amazing how the law works for these dump trucks. All they have to do is post "Not responsible for damages" and they get away with it. I thought there was a law where they have to tarp and secure their loads before entering a highway.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I've heard talk that the 3m clear bras turn a yellowish after a couple years. Has anyone heard about this. I love the idea though.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:56 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DROCKOFTX

I've heard talk that the 3m clear bras turn a yellowish after a couple years. Has anyone heard about this. I love the idea though.
This XPEL stuff is guaranteed for 5 years, so if it did, I would make them replace it. I am going to be getting this done to my car once I get everything worked out with the dealer to fix the roof (see Convertible problems for more). Here's a link...

http://www.xpel.com/default.asp
Old 07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: DanteMo

Mike,

I got the flex...At least that's what I ordered (See invoice below)... I also ordered their pens for future touch ups... But I checked the box to add flex since I'm doing the bumpers... Is that what you meant??

As for how it looks, I figure it can't be any worse than it is now... And I'm going to tape off the entire area except 2 inches of each side of the 1/2 wide marr in my bumper. So at most, we're talking 4 1/2 inches of area to paint... I can still take it up to a shop and try to get them to repair just the spot if I mess it up... Heck, it's worth a try...

Fallback position may be a stripe kit also . The place the bumper is marred is right where some 10" stripes would go anyway.. Hmmm...what color stripes for the redfire...I was thinking white...

Finally, It may give me the excuse to stick a GT bumper on their from casco *LOL* I emailed Mike to ask how much a new gt bumper was...

Invoice # xxxxxx
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Vin: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paint: Redfire Pearl Metallic Clearcoat G2/M7089 (Add Flex)
-----------------------------------------------------------
1 1/2 oz. Basecoat Paint Pen @14.95 $14.95
1 12.5 oz. Basecoat Spray Can @24.95 $24.95
1 1/2 oz. Clearcoat Paint Pen @6.59 $6.59
1 12.5 oz. Clearcoat Spray Can @15.00 $15.00
1 12.5 oz. Primer Spray Can @15.00 $15.00
You're right. May as well give it a shot.

I'm relieved to hear that there is flex agent in the paint. Ahhhh...technology

Good luck

BTW - the white, black or silver stripes would rock on your ride [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 07-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

..."Not responsible for damages" and they get away with it...
A decal does not release them from responsibility, I would contact the company directly.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:25 AM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

Yes, I know a guy who called the company that owned a gravel truck with those same decals and they bent over backwards to get him a new windshield and are considering painting his car since it blasted the front of his car with pebble sized rocks. I'm pretty sure it's important to call the day of the event and have the truck number to report. I think the decals denouncing liability are there for the idiots--you know, the same ones that would actually pay dealer markup on a car....LOL

I'm no help on the stripes--my yellow stang begs for black but I just can't figure out what I want besides the fact that I want something no one else has.

Also, is it just me or does the '05 attract every piece of dust, lint, fuzz and arcane airborne slime in the world? I'm sure it's because I never cared about any of my previous rides but I notice so much crap on my car now that it's just driving me crazy. It gains a layer of dust just sitting in the parking lot at work in one day. I'd swear the bushes I park by once in a while are excreting something because that side of the car ends up with sticky little spots all over it. Sigh, the price of owning a ride that deserves to look good.

Anyone purchased a smoke rear panel filler for between the taillights? I just got one and it looks good except for real close examination. I chose it over the decal option because I figure it will hold up better. Got picks if anyone is interested.