Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on buying gears from buyfordracing.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Default Question on buying gears from buyfordracing.com

Well I found that buyfordracing.com has 4.10's on sale for $139 with free shipping and no tax! Well, one thing is bugging me...When you go to the page that shows the gears, it states "All Year 8.8" 4.10 Ring Gear & Pinion Set." Wtf does "All Year" mean? This is just a normal set of FRPP 4.10's, right? I just want to make sure I'm not getting something else...
Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

I'd assume it just means it applies to any year model that came with an 8.8" rear end. Explorers and some other vehicles came with the 8.8" rear, too, so they can use those 4.10's. Buy the gears.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't buy your gears from there. Read here.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
Im being completely honest here, but IMHO he was the one jumping the gun. His first email he asks for information regarding the shipment. They then explain that due to the holiday that it may be delayed. Then he bad mouths them and gets mad when they do the same back. Plus, had he read on their website, it states:

Due to the number of orders our company processes each day, we DO NOT release tracking numbers / information. If you would like to estimate when your order will arrive, please refer to the chart below.

So, I feel he was in the wrong, especially being that it was a National holiday followed by a weekend.

EDIT:

After reading more, I feel both sides were wrong. But a vendor should NEVER talk to/about anyone that way, especially on a forum. Oh well, guess I'll just spend the extra $25 and get them from AM.

Double Edit

Everyone on our forum seems to be calling him out...WTF...I'm confused...

Last edited by kingsofcrunk; 01-22-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

does it say the part number?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
does it say the part number?
No, but I've been told you get the "A" gears from them. Also, I'm going to be using the Royal Purple Max Gear oil. Do I need 2 or 3 quarts of this? I don't have to add the additive if I use this, right?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

The ring and pinion gears from FRPP will fit any 8.8 pumpkin.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM
UBendIMend

Well that is just one of the many distributors of Ford Racing parts...I'm sure the guy can find a deal somewhere else for the same product. As far as the situation goes, the customer flew off the handle after the distributor explained the delay. They both were in the wrong.
Anyway, for that price, I would be all over those gears.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
lenko
1st Gear Member

I tried buying from them, gears as well. Was concerned whether they were "A". was told bluntly, "Ford Racing only has one 4.10 gearset. It is that one. I have no idea what a "slinger" is." Had to explain slinger was washer between outer pinon bearing and flange.
When finally decided to buy gears from them as their price was best and no shipping I mistakenly gave them the wrong Credit Card verification number. They canceled my order and even though I caught this that same day with an email to them with the right number and follow up with two more emails the following morning asking them if they tried the right number. I suggested that if they wouldn't help me out I would have to go to AM for the gears. They did not confirm that they tried the proper verification number and sent this reply, "Maybe they can get the card to accept a charge for $139. We tried to get you to go somewhere else over a week ago. Now you're in a hurry with a credit card that won't approve $139 charge."
As the order was canceled already I simply went to Late Model Restorations and they matched the price and for 14.99 shipping I'm getting the gears this Friday, having received the tracking number a few hours after my call yesterday (Tuesday).
BuyFordRacing does respond quickly to emails, but their irritation really shows up quickly. Have utilized other places where I have mistakenly used the wrong verification number and they have always contacted me back to correct this and proceeded with the order.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Id be out of business sending out replies to customer like that. Holy S*