Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SharX59
Btw I did. Seems like the most common problems are :
1. Shaking at 60-85 mph (problematic tires)
2. Problems with the Microsoft sync system
3. Problems with the Shaker 500 audio system
4. Center console latch being hard to open
Answers:
1. Who cares? No one reuse OEM tires after they're worn.
2. This ain't the Xbox 360 console.
3. Who cares? Go to BEST BUY and buy an awesome system.
4. Never heard of that one, none of us have that problem here...

2 dominant issues that have been a pain is the water leak on the passenger side and the spark plugs being a **** to remove without breaking them.
I believe the 2010 are not affected by this anymore so that's good.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by SharX59
Btw I did. Seems like the most common problems are :
1. Shaking at 60-85 mph (problematic tires)
2. Problems with the Microsoft sync system
3. Problems with the Shaker 500 audio system
4. Center console latch being hard to open
I am a current 2010 owner...

1.) Never had the issue except on cold tires in cold temps, problem went away after tires warmed up
2.) I have had no issues at all with Sync
3.) I have no issues with Shaker 500. The 05 to '09 used to have issues with the old Shaker 500 due to it being 6-disc system (I have NAV system)
4.) Center console latch was fixed after visit to dealer for an adjustment

So basically all the issues are really no issue at all.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

American manufacturers do do one thing thing well, and that's make V-8 engines! GM, Mopar & Ford all make great V-8 engines and have for better than 50 years(nearly 80 in Ford's case!). I wouldn't be worried at all with the new Cyclone V-8 as it's an extension of the modular V-8 family. I owned Nissan products for better than 10 years(three new trucks in that time) and I had more issues with my '00 crew cab Frontier than my '06 GT in the same number of years owned. In 38,000 mile I've driven thus far, the only issue was a faulty fuel pump in the GT about 2 years ago. My Frontier had a cracked intake manifold, the cruise-control go out and ate brake pads like a sumo wrestler at a buffet............412hp, WTF are you waiting for!!!!! :0
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Is the new mustang reliable/dependable?(I don't want constant trips to the dealer)
How is the degree of quality in the interior and exterior?

I'm going to answer both of these together: The short answer is yes. Mine had 10.5K on it when I put it away for winter storage in November. Not a single issue (except for some faint rattling that I later found out was my locking lug key bouncing around in the glovebox...embarrassing ). You may also want to check out the Car Connection review. In addition, it's no secret that Ford has the crosshairs squarely on Toyota when it comes to being king of the quality and reliability hill. We're tied with them now (sans accelerator and brake issues), but our goal is to surpass them.

Can it handle?

Yes. I'll defer to the performance people on this forum, but the suspension and drive train deliver. It's never let me down.

Will my purchase of a Mustang help keep FordEngineer employed?
Yes. I know you meant to ask this.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
SharX59

LOL...ok then i think im sold. The one thing that scared me the most was a memory i had of the 07 stang i test drove. As you know the older model had a 2 piece dash configuration. I put my finger between the seam of the upper and lower dash and lifted up with little force. amazingly it began to separate! O_O So that memory has been with me till now. And thats why Ive been apprehensive about gettin a stang, and looked towards you guys for help.

I appreciate all the input guys. Now if you could answer 2 final questions.

1. Does anyone know what Vaughn Gittin JR's mustang he took to japan was equipped with?
2. Does the track pack also lower the mustang or do i need to look towards ford racing for the parts to lower it?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
SharX59

nvm the first question i found it
Old 02-10-2010, 12:29 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

i think he did some minor suspension mods and threw a blower on it
the mustang does well drifting if thats what you are into (still don't understand it as a "sport") due to the heavy v8 helping the fat distribution and a pretty light rear end but the case can be made for any American v8 rwd car. The thing is the solid axle its sturdy these cars can handle a decent amount of abuse.

other thing is from what i understand is the 370s those motors walk the blade so to speak as far as modding from the factory which means $$$ not sure how the 5.0 will be but in a real world what the 4.6 comes with stock is more then enough for use on public roads.

my complaints rest around the tranny the 5spd put into the 10 is disappointing to me overall still useable but being a old fox owner i still have t5 nightmares when cold it is very harsh and clunky (mostly due to the heavy fluid still being cold) but even after warm it has a bit of harshness to it. I am bringing it in to get looked at because sometimes going into first when cold (rarely when warm) the clutch has slipped and sometimes completely locks out 1st which in my angry brings bouts of reseting the stick side to side spouting hate. With 7500 miles on it i am a bit confused (yes i know how to drive a manual and no i dont beat my car up as far as launching etc)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

I can't say for sure, but I doubt the track pack lowers a useful amount as Ford sells these cars to idiots who think if the car hits a speed bump its all Fords fault! The track pack is a nice list of options for a good price but what I did, and suggest is just get the 3.73 option. it was like $495 i think and had the better breaks and the 3.73. only has the 18" rims. Why? well with all that money you aren't spending on "upgraded stock" you can do real upgrades!!! I am a straight line guy but even for a carver like yourself, there are better options out there! why buy upgraded stock if you're just going to upgrade it again? If you were keeping the car stock for some reason the track pack is the way to go, otherwise, save money and upgrade/lower yourself!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 PM
SharX59

Well i was thinking of doing that, but when i went to build my own mustang ans selected the 3.73 gears, it said that the front breaks would be upgraded. Didn't see anythign about the rear ones ( which makes no sense ). And your right, im thinking of going with the ford racing FR3 suspension pack ( lowers the car by 1.5 inches ). unless there are any objections?

Btw Thanks for not bashing me for having an import haha. i wish the guys on the Z forum were like you guys.
READ TILL SECOND PAGE :

http://my350z.com/forum/southern-cal...month-290.html
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

The reason I didn't get the TP was because it was unavailable with the glass roof which was a must for me. I figured it would be easy to upgrade the suspension which I'm in the process of doing.

I agree the TP doesn't lower the car.